Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

3 days through Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 08:50 AM
whitrt
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 days through Arkansas

Just got back from a 3 day loop through the Ozarks and down Hwy 7 in Arkansas. This was my first trip to ride NW Arkansas. Wow, what a great ride. I will need to make it down there at least once a year from now on. I took my Ipod to get some small video clips rather than pictures, but ran out of memory. For all of you Arkansas folks, your lucky to have such a great state to ride in.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:03 PM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for the compliments. NW Arkansas has some of the best roads in the state.
Check out my website before you come next year. I try and put some interesting rides and places to eat. Cruz'N the Backroads

Old 04-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 391 Likes on 220 Posts

I'm leaving Friday for the NW Arkansas area, looking forward to riding around there for a few days!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:58 PM
hawwk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heard it was a nice place to ride. The wife and I are going there in June

Old 04-14-2010, 08:42 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome news. I'm leaving Saturday from central Illinois heading to Houma La. with 7 other bikes and we will be riding somewhere through Arkansas. I didn't pick the route and haven't looked that close at it, since I'll be following the pack. Looking forward to going through there

Old 04-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 391 Likes on 220 Posts

What should we expect as far as temperature in southern TN northern Arkansas in mid to late April? I'm figuring from northern WV to there and back, early morning lows in the 40's and afternoon highs could touch 80? Rain is to be expected but I just hope its not an all day or multi day front.
Many "dry" counties there?

Old 04-14-2010, 10:34 PM
mmeddle1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife and I are are taking the new Limited on a five day trip from Kingwood, TX (near Houston) to ride the back roads in western AR. We'll ride up to Hot Springs on Saturday, 4/24 and plan to spend a couple of nights there. We'll do a short ride to Petit Jean State Park on Sunday then let my wife do the Hot Springs spa thing all afternoon (a small bribe for coming with me). On Monday, we'll head north to Eureka Springs via Byway 7 and Highway 123 (the Arkansas Dragon). Tuesday, we'll head back down to Hot Springs via AR 23 (the Pig Trail), US 71 and US 270 before heading back home to TX on Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to this!

Old 04-15-2010, 08:22 AM
whitrt
Advanced

The temp last weekend was mid 30's in the morning and high 70's in the afternoon. It seemed to warm-up around 10 AM. Not sure about the dry counties. I found a good cold beer every evening. If possible try to ride the northern section of RT 7, best ride I have had in a while.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:19 AM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mmeddle1
My wife and I are are taking the new Limited on a five day trip from Kingwood, TX (near Houston) to ride the back roads in western AR. We'll ride up to Hot Springs on Saturday, 4/24 and plan to spend a couple of nights there. We'll do a short ride to Petit Jean State Park on Sunday then let my wife do the Hot Springs spa thing all afternoon (a small bribe for coming with me). On Monday, we'll head north to Eureka Springs via Byway 7 and Highway 123 (the Arkansas Dragon). Tuesday, we'll head back down to Hot Springs via AR 23 (the Pig Trail), US 71 and US 270 before heading back home to TX on Wednesday. I'm really looking forward to this!

Don't let her know about this place. You'll spend a day digging thru mud if you do. No need to ask me how I know.

http://www.craterofdiamondsstatepark.com/

Old 04-15-2010, 10:21 AM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

I am planning on hitting that up after I get out of Basic and AIT. Thanks for the feedback on the ride!

Quick Reply: 3 days through Arkansas