Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

My Harley on a Cruise Ship

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Harley Guy
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool idea........

Old 03-31-2010, 08:32 PM
timbo240
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of the Cruise

Took likely 200 pictures.. here's a couple

Bikes are stored below deck.. you get a special pass to go only where staff are allowed.. You can go to your bike at any time..

Attached Thumbnails My Harley on a Cruise Ship-dscf1453-medium-.jpg   My Harley on a Cruise Ship-dscf1460-medium-.jpg   My Harley on a Cruise Ship-dscf1567-medium-.jpg   My Harley on a Cruise Ship-dscf1739.jpg   My Harley on a Cruise Ship-dscf1763.jpg  

Old 03-31-2010, 08:37 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Wow that looks cool, thanks for sharing. I assume it's not cheap?

Old 03-31-2010, 08:45 PM
timbo240
Intermediate
Default Pics of the Cruise 2

St. Maartin.. stop at the HD dealer.. they have a lot of bikes actually... and cool gear.. (free beer and water if you like)
Then to a market for girls to shop.. (no thanks)
Then to a lunch on a beach.. see pics of the bikes parked on the patio.. spring break and a nude beach.. not too bad.. did I mention all the rum punch you can drink? (best to be a passenger at this point)
Guides were the local bike group.. awesome job.. shutdown every road as you went past..... no issue with traffic.
6 hours - 30-40 miles

St. Thomas .. Up a mountain pass.. amazing views.. down the other side to a beverage stop.. Over to Megans Bay (best beach in the world).. over to iggies beach bar for lunch.. (sleep in a hammic here if you wish).. cruise back to the boat.
6-7 hours - 30-40 miles

San juan Puerto rico - To the mountainous rainforest.. amazing amazing ride.. and get this.. with 8 COPS.. they volunteer to ride with you.. Never stop for a red light or stop sign. They stop all the traffic for you.
5 - 6 hours - 90 miles

I've rode rocky mountains, smokie mountains, blackhills, but nothing even close to these rides.. You don't put on many miles, but I was done at the end of each day and ready to get back on the boat and party..

Really cool thing to do at least once in your life.

Attached Thumbnails My Harley on a Cruise Ship-dscf1789.jpg   My Harley on a Cruise Ship-dscf1847.jpg   My Harley on a Cruise Ship-dscf1856.jpg   My Harley on a Cruise Ship-dscf1913.jpg   My Harley on a Cruise Ship-dscf1916.jpg  

Old 03-31-2010, 09:05 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Awesome! What kind of dough for a week long trip for 2, and one bike?

Old 03-31-2010, 09:20 PM
xd.404life
Tourer

that looks awesome, The middle pic of the 2nd set if looks like you had an amblance in tow.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:11 AM
timbo240
Intermediate
Default Cruise details

No Ambulance.. they would always have a chase vehicle with extra fuel.. in that pic it was a cube van. Normally an open jeep out front recording the trip in high def, they sell the video later for $40.00.. pretty cheap being there is 3 full days of riding on it.

We did have one bike that stalled due to a charging issue.. One of the chase cars/bikes, stayed with them.. called a flat bed, and they returned it to the ship without affecting the rest of our tour.. like I said it's organized very well.

Cost for our trip was $1500 per person, that was 8 nights on the cruise ship and 1 bike, balcony room. I believe thats about $200 - $300 more than if you picked up the same cruise on the internet.
Many of us had balcony's and opened up the ajoining doors.. quiet a party throughout the week.

Before I left, I found a video on U-tube.. it was terrible.. I had very low expectations of this cruise... it looked NUTS!!.. I'll be sure to upload something more appropriate when I get a chance. In St. Maartin my wife drove the bike and I was on the back...no issue.. other than the pointing and laughing.. Apparently that made alot of air time on the DVD!... Tried to get a blonde wig off the boat.. but didn't pan out!

Old 04-01-2010, 05:53 AM
timbo240
Intermediate
Default Guides on the trip

Interesting is the guides you have on each island.. they vary tremendiously!!

Here's some pics from each

BTW.. I initially thought I would rather go myself on the islands.. There's no way you would find all the 'motorcycle' roads.. they do a great job getting you out of the city centre and onto proper roads and scenery in minutes..

One picture is Steve from ETA donating 8 - LED light box's for the rear of the police motorcycles in San Juan.. Apparently the police force is underfunded to a point ETA has donated tires etc in the past...

Attached Thumbnails My Harley on a Cruise Ship-st.-thomas-guide-2-.jpg   My Harley on a Cruise Ship-san-juan-guide.jpg   My Harley on a Cruise Ship-st.-thomas-guide.jpg   My Harley on a Cruise Ship-san-juan.jpg   My Harley on a Cruise Ship-st-maartin-guide.jpg  

Old 04-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the pics and info.
Heard about crusises like this, never found a site. The web site and info sounds cool, but your pictures and shareing your experience really makes me want this to my our next cruise.

I'll share with the wife and some friends.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:17 PM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
I was just on a cruise last week (see pics), ours was a carribean cruise, and our stops were Nassau, Cocoa Cay, and Key West. I don't know if I'd of enjoyed riding in Nassau, that place was absolutely crazy (the drivers there), and they drive on the wrong side of the road (to me), so I don't know if I could get used to that and not being a hazzard on the road. Other than that I thought about having the bike there many times and am interested in doing one of the bike cruises. Do all of those Countries let you drive on their roads with just an American license or are there other requirements involved as well? And you trusted them to load, unload, and store your bike? No new dings or scratches that you noticed?
Oh man...that look your lady is giving you in that parasail shot is priceless...I'm assuming that's a parasail...but whatever...she's not looking to sure about it.

Quick Reply: My Harley on a Cruise Ship