Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Jackson, Wy Lodging

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:44 PM
DB10881
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jackson, Wy Lodging

We are in need of lodging suggestions for Jackson for early August...the good/bad ?

Thanks !

-dave

Old 03-29-2010, 02:02 PM
mikedetejas
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's ain't cheap.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:35 PM
deluxeroad
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very spendy indeed! Prices for a simple motel room (if you can get one, range from $150 or more per night). to our surprise, we searched out some cabins and other lodging that were well over $300 per night!

We rode further south and stayed at the location I linked to below. Last year it cost us a little over $100 for the night and that included a full breakfast for two. Very nice and quite and this was in late July. Only about 45 minutes or so from Jackson. Best of luck!

http://www.flyingsaddleresort.com/

Old 03-29-2010, 03:08 PM
nibroc
Road Warrior
Received 222 Likes on 164 Posts

it's not that bad in jackson--JMMHO--been there --done that

Old 03-29-2010, 05:28 PM
verde
Novice

About 6 years ago stayed at the Anvil Motel - in town - easy walk to bars and restaurants. Not a high class place, but at that time, clean, hot shower, refrigerator for beer. Not sure that I would want to spend a week there with my wife. About $100/night that was in late September.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:40 PM
High Gear
Outstanding HDF Member

If I remember right there's a KOA in J. H.

Gets pretty cool and damp at night though , didn't do me any favors.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:52 PM
HDBagger93
Cruiser

Good luck finding a spot. With the Sturgis Run in August the spots fill up fast with people coming and going along with everyone else who wants to see that part of the country. THe KOA in Jackson had no tents sites for when I was loooking and Hotels are expensive there. I am planning on going through about the sametime but I am planning on camping in Grand Teton NP then in Idaho near Bear Lake. If you google "campgrounds jackson wyoming" there are more campgrounds than the KOA.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:10 PM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, you pay to be in Jackson. I guess it's something to see.

You can get your pic taken under the antler arch, wait in line to sit in one of the saddle-stools at the Million, and eat sushi with Harrison Ford's housekeepers. I did all that too when I first moved out here

There are campgrounds in the area. And, if you really scrounge, you may find a hotel under $120. But, for the money to stay in Jackson, I'd pony up a little more and stay in GTNP at, say, Jenny Lake Lodge or Jackson Lake Lodge. The views are worth it!!! You can sit outside on the huge patio at Jackson Lake Lodge, have a beer/scotch, count the moose out in the brush just below, and watch the sun go down behind the Tetons and the reflection on Jackson Lake. As the commercial says: priceless.

Remember, Jackson is quite a bit south of GTNP. It is fun, and wives love the shopping.

Often a deal can be had at the Snow King. It's passed its prime, but so have I

Otherwise, if you want a hotel in the area, go over Teton Pass and stay in Driggs, ID. Driggs is like what Jackson was 20 years ago. The ride over the Pass is awesome.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:26 AM
DB10881
Cruiser

Thanks everyone...pricey is an understatement but as mentioned, the wives have it on their short list of places they want to visit.

-dave

Old 04-01-2010, 12:27 AM
myglide
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I stayed at the KOA not too far down the road for $48 bucks a night for a cabin. Bring a blanket and a pillow or buy em at the Walmart/Kmart there like I did. Well worth it. Bed is comfortable and affordable.

Quick Reply: Jackson, Wy Lodging