Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Sturgis Rally Sites Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 11:40 PM
clenaghen
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sturgis Rally Sites Help

Been to Sturgis a couple of times and stayed at Glencoe each time. Looking at maybe going this year, but may be interested in stay out of sturgis in the smaller towns around there area. There is a place that is referred to something like "old Sturgus" where they do burnout competitions in the street. Small town outside of Sturgis. Anyone know what I am referring to? Kind of thining of getting out a little ways from town this time.

ALso, how was the Broken Spoke Campground? Happening place? Get pretty wild with pools and hot tubs?

Old 03-29-2010, 07:20 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

When I go I stay at Custer State Park. It's quiet and you can get a good nights sleep. It is close enough to easily take day-trips into Sturgis, Custer, Deadwood, Rushmore, Crazyhorse, Wind Cave, etc. Needles Highway is a great ride and it runs thru the park. Custer Park's wildlife loop is a decent ride too.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:30 PM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by clenaghen
Been to Sturgis a couple of times and stayed at Glencoe each time. Looking at maybe going this year, but may be interested in stay out of sturgis in the smaller towns around there area. There is a place that is referred to something like "old Sturgus" where they do burnout competitions in the street. Small town outside of Sturgis. Anyone know what I am referring to? Kind of thining of getting out a little ways from town this time.

ALso, how was the Broken Spoke Campground? Happening place? Get pretty wild with pools and hot tubs?
believe you're talking about hulett wy on wednesday of rally week in sturgis. it's pretty wide open as to what you can do in town..