Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Laconia NH 2010

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 04:47 PM
smcdmc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went two years ago and stayed in Concord. About 45 minutes from Laconia if I remember right. Everything was booked in Laconia. And yea, it rained. But I'd do it again.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:31 AM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Be prepared for rain as the others said. Lots of traffic getting in and out of town. If you don't mind the ride, I recommend staying south in places like Concord (an book now) as others have mentioned. This is a big revenue maker for most in the area and hotels have been known to jack the prices 2-3 even 4 times the regular rate for a simple motel room.

As others have said, Kangamangus is a must see. We hang out at the Broken Spoke Saturday afternoon. It's a good people watching spot and by then a lot is starting to wind down, not much left going on except partying by then.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:50 AM
rodfun
2nd Gear

I'm in Boston nearby so go up on the weekend. Tip for getting to Weir Beach, the route in is nearly gridlocked by midday: Take the Winnipesaukee scenic train near Meredith HD. I think its $14 round trip. They have free parking.
http://www.hoborr.com/mcw.html

Old 03-13-2010, 12:34 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I am going.. Staying in campground (as long as I get off my butt soon and send in paperwork).. Bummed I wont get to harass NSC for the week.. But I am holding out hope that you will get it sorted. Hey if you don't maybe I should buy reservation from you. I havent sent in money yet. I bet they would transfer it for us. Let me know what you think about that.

Liz

Old 03-13-2010, 01:01 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lizdc
I am going.. Staying in campground (as long as I get off my butt soon and send in paperwork).. Bummed I wont get to harass NSC for the week.. But I am holding out hope that you will get it sorted. Hey if you don't maybe I should buy reservation from you. I havent sent in money yet. I bet they would transfer it for us. Let me know what you think about that.

Liz
yeah im still holding out hope i can get it sorted out as well, i'll know better when i talk to my lawyer next week, if she thinks i can get the crown to drop everything based o nthe fact it was Bogus crap done by my ex wife to try and prevent me rom gettign custody with proof that it was bogus in time then i will be there if not then if pine hollow allows it i'll gladly sell ya my reservation

Old 03-13-2010, 06:31 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
yeah im still holding out hope i can get it sorted out as well, i'll know better when i talk to my lawyer next week, if she thinks i can get the crown to drop everything based o nthe fact it was Bogus crap done by my ex wife to try and prevent me rom gettign custody with proof that it was bogus in time then i will be there if not then if pine hollow allows it i'll gladly sell ya my reservation
I am would rather have you around as a body guard at the campground to cause trouble with. Plus everyone around here will love if I get whatever trouble you cause on vid for all of HDF to enjoy.. So I still hope you can come.

But if that isnt gonna work then let me know.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:44 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lizdc
I am would rather have you around as a body guard at the campground to cause trouble with. Plus everyone around here will love if I get whatever trouble you cause on vid for all of HDF to enjoy.. So I still hope you can come.

But if that isnt gonna work then let me know.
yeah i will let ya know, i am hope like hell it gets solved in time cause i was supposedto hook up wit hsoem guys i know down there and until it gets delt with i cant go see my dad cause he lives in maine LOL

Old 03-14-2010, 07:49 PM
foxhd
Cruiser

Yep, it will rain. If you are in central or western ct., then consider traveling rt. 91 to Brattleboro, then 9 thru Keene to Concord, then up 93 to Laconia. You need to stop at the Tent outside of Keene for a generous and free meal provided by a christian biker group. Good people. (I'll always leave a tip.) It is a good spot for a rest. We don't spend much time at the Weirs any more. We ride. We do the Kancamagus, Mt. Washington, the hillclimbs, and take atrip to maine for lobster.This year we intent to go to Bentley's in maine also. We stay at Pine Hollow campground, were we party at night and don't have to worry about riding. It is right across from the Broken spoke...By the way, the parties are always better in the campgrounds.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:06 PM
JR-Boston
Tourer
Default Camping Rates

Originally Posted by foxhd
...We stay at Pine Hollow campground, were we party at night and don't have to worry about riding. It is right across from the Broken spoke...By the way, the parties are always better in the campgrounds.
If I'm reading it right, it will cost $109+tax per night to pitch a tent here during bike week.
Rates: http://www.pinehollowcampground.com/BikeRates.htm

Are the parties really THAT good?

JR

Last edited by JR-Boston; 03-14-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:46 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Holy! 116$ for a place to put a tent? You gotta be shittin me.

Quick Reply: Laconia NH 2010