Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Adirondacks

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 03:00 PM
elwoodto
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Adirondacks

Planning a ride to New York and the Adirondacks in June from Michigan. Has anybody rode this?

Old 02-22-2010, 08:08 PM
SUPRPIG
Road Master

Aweso0me riding where are you entering NY? Through Canada or along US lines?

Old 02-23-2010, 09:25 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

take me, take me!

Old 02-23-2010, 07:13 PM
elwoodto
Cruiser

We want to ride along the St. Lawrence sea way on the US side and then south once we get to the mountains. Kinda make a big circle and head back to Michigan. We've rode the Sky Line and Blue Ridge Parkway already and did the Tail of the Dragon last year. Thought we would try this for a change.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:02 AM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member
Received 757 Likes on 479 Posts

the riding up there is awesome. wife and i will be heading up there july 4th week.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:37 AM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure how much time or how far east you want to go, but I would recommend taking Route 8 across (beautiful ride through the Adirondack Park) work your way up 9N to Ticonderoga, take the ferry across Lake Champlain to VT and then travel across to NH and the White Mountains. It is truly is gorgeous ~ Mt. Washington Auto Road (if it is open) and the Kangamagus Highway.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:12 PM
SUPRPIG
Road Master

If you come by Buffalo and have not been to see the Falls it is worth the trip. Buffalo also has Anchor Bar home of Buffalo Wings. Going East just south of Rochester is Letchworth Park, awesome gorge travel down the west side. In Rochester is Dinosaur Bar-B-Cue bikes park in front. Original is in Syracuse, and another Anchor Bar. NE of rochester take 104 along the Lake. Sodus Bay has soime great bars and restaurants with outside bars and bands on weekends. Follow 104 north Sacketts Harbor quaint little town on the way. Great places in the adirondacks Lake Placid, Tail of the Pup outside restaurant is biker friendly, bad news in the adirondacks is there aren't many roads, good news they all have awesome views and winding roads. Adirondack Museum at Blue mountain lake is a great part day stop and in the area is a great camp that the name escapes me. Walking tour. Ausable Chasam is another great stop near Lake Champlain. You can catch the ferry there and cross to VT if you like as earlier suggested. The Finger Lakes region on your way back has tons of Winneries which is a trip in itself. Enjoy the ride i may see you out there.

Old 02-26-2010, 09:34 AM
oldncrzy
Road Master

we are heading to this http://www.tourexpo.com/data/mos/Frontpage/Itemid,1/

lots to do, our first year going. Did Laconia last year, will do it again on the way back home to Canadian Maritimes. NH is beautiful, white mountains, etc. like someone said already. Have a great trip

Old 02-26-2010, 09:49 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Make sure to take a ride up to Lake Placid. Nice ride and great area.

Originally Posted by oldncrzy
we are heading to this http://www.tourexpo.com/data/mos/Frontpage/Itemid,1/

lots to do, our first year going. Did Laconia last year, will do it again on the way back home to Canadian Maritimes. NH is beautiful, white mountains, etc. like someone said already. Have a great trip

Old 02-26-2010, 07:00 PM
32vld
Road Master

Adirondacks is a great location with great views and history. And, zillions of black flies that will eat you alive in June and July.

Best time to go is August when black fly season is over.

Quick Reply: Adirondacks