Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Pacific hwy 1

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 07:20 PM
lightweight bob
Road Master
Received 151 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Hwy 1 South

Originally Posted by BLACK BAGGER
Hey hiway 1 is narrow past ensenada no sh##t lol .....
Yep and hard to believe those eighteen wheelers can stay on their side (most of the
time) with a drop to a dirt shoulder. Still go down for San Felipe 250, Baja 500 & 1000
as have bike friends that still race - crazy f**ks.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:04 PM
BLACK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lightweight bob
yep and hard to believe those eighteen wheelers can stay on their side (most of the
time) with a drop to a dirt shoulder. Still go down for san felipe 250, baja 500 & 1000
as have bike friends that still race - crazy f**ks.
way cool i used to do that road at night to dodge the feds at the encenada check point it closed at about 8:30 no passport needed lol. seen many of cage wrecks young kids mostly tractor trailers scraping tops of trailers on curves amazing stuff you can see .

Old 02-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

The second post - Black Bagger - on this thread spoke of riding down to Ensenada. You
seem rather narrow - Highway 1 really does go down to Cabo San Lucas. Have a nice
day.
Actually he never said anything about Ensenada in his post. Look again. Pacific Hiway 1 ends in Dana Point, CA. Baja's coast road in Hiway 1D but I've never heard it referred to as The Pacific Coast Hiway even though I've been on it so many times in the past twenty years that I've lost count. Sorry if my post to you sounded harsh. It wasn't really meant to be. Good riding.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:51 AM
lightweight bob
Road Master
Received 151 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Mexico

Originally Posted by TheBlackBastard
I have planned a 2 week trip down the coast for early June 2010. Starting in Port Angeles,WA (possibly Vancouver Island) and going all the way to Ensenada, Mexico.

I've been through part of the NorCal hwy 1, but it was at night and I was in the back of a 70's stalker van, i.e., no windows! I hope it's as fun and beautiful as everyone says...
@ Other Sheep - this is the second post on this thread and is what I was responding
to referencing Ensenada, Mexico. And yes, you're correct - Hwy 1 / PCH no longer
exists south of Dana Point as it once did - just my old age showing again.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

@ Other Sheep - this is the second post on this thread and is what I was responding
to referencing Ensenada, Mexico. And yes, you're correct - Hwy 1 / PCH no longer
exists south of Dana Point as it once did - just my old age showing again.
You're right. Because of the size of the pics my computer screen cut off the Ensenada part and I only read to Mexico. Sorry. I'll lay off the rum and coke for awhile and relearn this computer stuff. Best parts of Baja are actually when you get off of 1D and ride the dirt over to the coast and follow the dirt roads right up agains the ocean. If things ever get back to a semblance of order down there I'll go again.