Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Rolling Thunder or Run For The Wall

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:36 PM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rolling Thunder or Run For The Wall

I plan on making the ride to DC for Memorial Day but need some input as to which of the two rides, Rolling Thunder or Run For The Wall offers the the better ride experience. Has anyone on this board done both? Looks like the Run For The Wall group stops at designated HD dealerships for food and fun along the way. Rolling Thunder seems to get involved with the townsfolk while traveling across country.

Appreciate any experience/thoughts/criticisms on either of these rides.

Old 01-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by snakeinthegrass
I plan on making the ride to DC for Memorial Day but need some input as to which of the two rides, Rolling Thunder or Run For The Wall offers the the better ride experience. Has anyone on this board done both? Looks like the Run For The Wall group stops at designated HD dealerships for food and fun along the way. Rolling Thunder seems to get involved with the townsfolk while traveling across country.

Appreciate any experience/thoughts/criticisms on either of these rides.
RFTW begins in southern California and takes two different, 10-day routes to Washington, DC. I have ridden with RFTW a couple of times...it is not a leisurely, sightseeing ride (but that does not mean you won't experience some levity along the way).

I do not participate with RT (the group or the rally held in Washington, DC during the Memorial Day weekend).

Old 01-19-2010, 03:35 PM
mikedetejas
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple of years ago I joined RFTW in Weatherford Texas and road all the way to D.C. Nothing leisurely about that ride and the most dangerous ride I've ever been on. 500 bikes on the road, all different skill levels, rubber banding like crazy. Never again will I ride like that.