Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Myrtle Beach Rally- Places to Stay

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:14 AM
bking
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Myrtle Beach Rally- Places to Stay

We have gone to the Myrtle Beach Rally for the past 8 years and have always stayed within city limits (Sea Mist Resort). We liked it there because of the parking convenience, secure trailer parking, and availability of two bedroom suites. Anyway, with the new laws, we are looking to stay out of city limits. We typically go with a group of 6-8 guys. Any suggestions for places to stay that have good parking for both bikes and trailers? We'd prefer to stay in either a condo or suite with enough room for all.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:51 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

your choice but, ...Myrtle Beach or that area will never another dime from me.

If I recall the City was trying to "eliminate" the "other bike week" which I'm not going to get into.
That was the rally where the city was torn up somewhat,noise,people walking out with paying for meals,theft,etc etc...
So by eliminating all rallies everyone suffers. So of the ordinances are you can't ride thru town no bigger than six bikes I think,.....anyway.......
Wait until you see everyone elses feelings......this ought to be good one

Last edited by katobird; 01-10-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:37 AM
bking
Advanced

No doubt, as I stated in another thread, it pisses me off about the new legislation, but it's not like all of Myrtle Beach doesn't welcome us. It's easy enough to stay out of the City of Myrtle Beach if you want to. Evident by last year, where the City was like a ghost town, but north and south was it's typical good time. We've never been mistreated or felt like we weren't welcomed by retail/restaurant folks. They are the ones most affected.

I agree that the city legislators should take a long hard look at the impact their laws have on local economy. It was amazing to me the impact and exclamation point the community of bikers made last year by bypassing city limits. Hence, the reason we want to look at lodging elsewhere.

It's a good rally, and while many (including me) are upset about the city ordinances, Horry County and other surrounding areas continue to help sponsor the event. Honestly, there wasn't much going on rally wise in the City of Mrytle anyway.... They probably need to change the name to Horry County Bike Rally (doesn't sound as good though)

Oh well, it's the only "major" rally I can attend, so I have to convince myself it's going to be ok.....

Old 01-14-2010, 08:35 PM
jdallenemtp
Road Captain

Myrtle Beach, never again. Try Thunder Beach, it was a blast.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:42 AM
FLHTCUI05
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nobody has answered the mans question yet. Just complained. Last year we stayed in North Myrtle and went around the city limits. Had no problems. Don't have hotel names, but I would stay in N.MB or Surfside/Murrells Inlet areas. I don't like the new laws either, but will probably keep going just stay out of MB.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Branded 1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLHTCUI05
Nobody has answered the mans question yet. Just complained. Last year we stayed in North Myrtle and went around the city limits. Had no problems. Don't have hotel names, but I would stay in N.MB or Surfside/Murrells Inlet areas. I don't like the new laws either, but will probably keep going just stay out of MB.
Then ad yourself to the list you didnt answer his question either.

The OP's question was....Any suggestions for places to stay that have good parking for both bikes and trailers? We'd prefer to stay in either a condo or suite with enough room for all.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:09 AM
djcustom1
Tourer

I went to mertle last year and mybe it was me but i just didnt fell welcom. The law were ****** and it just wasnt my cup of tea,dont get me wrong i love the beach.

But hands down i like daytona much better. Lots to see and not as much pain to get around. Just my 2 cents.

D.J.