Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Charlevoix, Quebec and Beyond

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010 | 09:31 AM
nj08SEUltra
|
Tourer
Default Charlevoix, Quebec and Beyond

My wife and I are planning to ride along the St. Lawrence beyond Quebec City in June 2010. I previously have ridden the south side of the St. Lawrence to Gaspe. This trip is on the north side. Rider Magazine just had an article about the Charlevoix region. Any tips on which roads to take and those to avoid would be appreciated. Sight seeing advice, dining spots, etc. are also welcome. Thanks.

Old 01-07-2010 | 11:54 AM
TRUBRIT
Tourer

Go North to Chicoutemi through Parc De La Jaques Cartier. Go East on North side of Parc De Saguenay. North East as far as you want to go along the Coast. Whale watching is very popular. Go out on the hard bottom inflatables, fast and a lot of fun.

Old 01-07-2010 | 12:06 PM
nj08SEUltra
|
Tourer

TruBrit, Thanks for the information. Are the routes you describe all paved?

Old 01-07-2010 | 01:57 PM
TRUBRIT
Tourer

Yes they are. You will enjoy through the Park. Like a Roller Coaster in parts. Watch out for Wild life.

Old 01-07-2010 | 08:05 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member

If you are around Quebec city you should catch one show of the annual fireworks competition. They are set at a waterfall " Chute Montmorency" just north of Quebec City. We had never been to one and the USA was having there kick at the cat the day after we were going to head out. We found a spot at a camping area to pitch our tent and stayed another day to watch the show. The setting at the falls, the music and the fireworks, WHAT A SHOW!!! That was in 08 we went for a tour there and we will not miss a chance to go to another one if we are anywhere close. Enjoy your trip, we did.

Old 03-07-2010 | 12:17 AM
barry brewer
Stage II

My wife and I also will be leaving beautiful Southern Indianai in late May, to Niagra Falls, To Quebec, to Tadoussac, then?? around the Gaspe to Ny and back thru Gettysburg and home. JUST HOW BAD are the ferry crossings on a fully loaded electra glide. Do they ratchet us down our what? In LATE may? Too cold? We have many questions. Someone out there has made this trip Im sure, Please and Thank You for any info. The Big B

Old 03-07-2010 | 08:13 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by barry brewer
My wife and I also will be leaving beautiful Southern Indianai in late May, to Niagra Falls, To Quebec, to Tadoussac, then?? around the Gaspe to Ny and back thru Gettysburg and home. JUST HOW BAD are the ferry crossings on a fully loaded electra glide. Do they ratchet us down our what? In LATE may? Too cold? We have many questions. Someone out there has made this trip Im sure, Please and Thank You for any info. The Big B
I've never taken ferries in Québec, Gaspé, etc., but everywhere that I have my bike was strapped down. With my bike on the side-stand, they just take ratcheting strap and connect to a tie-down on the deck, and ran it over my seat to another tie-down on the deck, and tighten it. No harm done to the bike.

YMMV.

Old 03-07-2010 | 10:14 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member

We took a ferry in Que. on our 08 trip and didn't tie it down. Things were fine.

Old 03-07-2010 | 11:14 PM
barry brewer
Stage II

Thanks Ya'll so very much. Looking forward to seeing your country! I'm working on basic French, getting the camping gear arranged, cant wait to see Quebec!

Old 03-08-2010 | 12:19 AM
faber
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by barry brewer
Thanks Ya'll so very much. Looking forward to seeing your country! I'm working on basic French, getting the camping gear arranged, cant wait to see Quebec!
Basic French will help, but they've got a strange accent up there!

Quick Reply: Charlevoix, Quebec and Beyond