Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Sturgis reservations

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 01:36 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sturgis reservations

How far in advance to the area hotels, campgrounds & Bike rentals run out of available reservations prior to the rally? In otherwords, is it too late to find a hotel room & a bike to rent for the rally in 2010?

Old 12-30-2009, 02:06 PM
2002flstc
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

For the past four years I made reservations for the next year while I was there... but I don't think it is too late... it may be more difficult but not impossible.. the choices will be fewer....

This year 2010 I'm going without reservations mainly because I'm not sure when and how long I'll be there... just gonna wing it...

Old 12-30-2009, 02:20 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just made mine about two weeks ago, but I had to spend quite a few hours looking. I went to the Sturgis web-site here http://www.sturgis.com/, went to the "places to stay" tab, and pretty much clicked on every link there. Most of them were booked already, and WAY overpriced as far as I was concerned. I even checked all of the little "Super 8's" in the area, and every one of them within an hour were a MINIMUM of a 170.00 per night, which I refuse to pay for a room that's normally probably 50.00 a night in that area. And most of those were already booked as well. I ended up reserving a spot at this place http://www.holysmokeresort.com/. The accomodations seemed pretty nice, the price was right, and it was 52 miles from Sturgis which I like so that we can relax in the evening without hearing all of the blaring music and burnouts etc... I believe the place where I booked is now full, and it had plenty of cabins left when I reserved, so that will tell you how quickly you should "get on this" if you're seriously planning on going. Good luck to you.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:33 PM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the info, and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. So I'm on it! And if you can't tell, it's my first time going!

Old 12-30-2009, 02:44 PM
FXSTC_Bill
Advanced

When I called a couple weeks ago, Full Throttle Saloon had some cabins available. $1800 for 5-7 days for up to 4 people (split 4 ways it isn't bad). They were the closest that had anything available.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:09 PM
2002flstc
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
The accomodations seemed pretty nice, the price was right, and it was 52 miles from Sturgis which I like so that we can relax in the evening without hearing all of the blaring music and burnouts etc...
52 miles away... ridiculous... I've camped less than three miles from town for years and have never heard a burnout or a band... the only thing I ever hear is the freeway noise and after the first year I got used to that....

Old 12-30-2009, 11:08 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002flstc
52 miles away... ridiculous... I've camped less than three miles from town for years and have never heard a burnout or a band... the only thing I ever hear is the freeway noise and after the first year I got used to that....
I'm happy for you and more power to you, but I have no problem being an hour away, it works perfectly for me. And I'm not camping, I'm staying in a cabin, I'm not up for camping anymore. I'm not going to share a shower or bathroom with anybody else. Been there, done that, not going to do it again.

Old 12-30-2009, 11:43 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doc it really depends on what your looking for. Last your some hotel were not full just outside of Sturgis. Are you looking for Hotels or Camp sites? Rapid City area is a nice area to stay in.

Old 12-31-2009, 09:56 AM
CWDoc115
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks like I'll be staying in the Foothills Inn in Rapid City. Anyone been there?

Old 12-31-2009, 10:34 PM
burnafatty
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Sturgis

With fewer people going each year it seems we have had no problem getting rooms the last couple years. Check out keystone and near rushmore (dont have a map handy) but the only problem is getting back at night! A very bad thing to do in that area with all the critters that hang out in the road! And some are big!

Quick Reply: Sturgis reservations