Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Florida Keys

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Dude
In Key West..don't miss eating a grouper sandwich at Bo's Fish House or a cold beer at The Green Parrot Bar and Capt. Tony's Saloon. All are right off but not on Duval St. The Bull on duval has good rock n roll every night.

Capt. Tony's is my favorite hang out in Key West!!! Sorry I didn't even think of it. Best place in Key West to relax and have a cold beer on a hot day. Great Call!! Thanks for mentioning it.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:00 AM
redultra02
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a great time and bring back some good pics. Want to make this trip some day also
Enjoy

Old 12-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Nevada Jim
Novice

If your'e lookin to save a few bucks, there is a KOA in Sugarloaf Key. Not far from downtown Key West. We were able to get a camper (rather than a cabin) for a couple of nites with secure bike parking.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:35 AM
sldavis
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rode down twice in the last two years. +1 on Irish Kevins. There's a guy in there from Buffalo who is the best guitar player/entertainer down there. Names Joe Marohn, and he plays in the afternoon. We also enjoyed Captain Tony's, Hog's Breath Saloon, and Sloppy Joes...

Old 12-08-2009, 10:18 AM
08roady
Tourer

Thank you all, looking forward to a few days of drinking and relaxing!!!!

Old 12-08-2009, 11:53 AM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I drove from Key Largo to Key West about 5 times in one week last winter, not on a bike but we rented a convertible...you're in for a nice trip. My wife found the bridges a bit freaky.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:17 PM
cbell11
Intermediate

I wish I were going along! It's cold here.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:06 AM
hiwaytime
Advanced

If you are going to camp, bring bug repelant and some light weight complete body cover, When the Noseeumms come out it can ruin your vacation. Both the KOAs are excellant but Sugarloaf is only 17 miles from Key West. Don't miss Duval ST. at night. The cruise ships leave at dusk THANK GOD. The Keys are the only place that I ride in flip-flops, it just seems natural. Hemingways house is a great tour especially if you like cats. John Pennecamp State Park in Key Largo is an easy and cheap place to take a snorkling trip and the Caribean Club there is a great place to start the cocktail tour. The best story I can tell you about the Keys is the first time I went backin the early 90s. As we went down everyone was telling us about the bad traffic, grays hairs trying to kill you and the gays are everywhere. We did not see any of this! I met a girl in a bar in Titusville and told her that we saw and had no problems. She said yes but when you get home you have to tell everyone that you did. If you are not a Jimmy Buffet fan now you will be. Happy Trials.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:26 PM
SNOWFOX
Intermediate

All sounds like excellent advice. I am heading there from Iowa mid Feb for a couple of days. Wish I was already there so I missed our blizzard.Let me know if you have any tips after you get back. Have a safe trip!!

Old 12-12-2009, 09:27 PM
robfaulkner
Cruiser
Default Florida at the end of Jan.....

I'm flying into Tampa on the 23rd of Jan and we will be killing time till my wife's conference in Orlando. Going to rent a bike. Got any travel ideas for Sun to Wed that end up in Orlando?

Quick Reply: Florida Keys