Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

From Quebec to Florida in February, advise needed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 01:25 PM
ClaudeB
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From Quebec to Florida in February, advise needed.

My wife and I are planning a two weeks trip to florida and mexico gulf shoreline next february. We will put the bike in a trailer and drive south until it is warm enough to unload the bike and ride.

Can someone tell me which state on our way down to florida is warm enough to ride the bike without risk of hitting snow and where we can safely drop the car and trailer for the duration of the trip.

Thanks,

Old 11-16-2009, 01:28 PM
DECON BLUE
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Me thinks your going to have to get into Georgia in Feburary to get out of real cold and SNOW.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:24 PM
RutRoo
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Somewhere around Macon Ga. to be rid of ice and snow but it still may be cold until you get to Florida..

Old 11-16-2009, 04:53 PM
ClaudeB
2nd Gear

The cold I don't care. We are pretty much used to it so our summer, in Quebec, last about the time of a weekend...

Nahhh... I'm joking... Because I start my season early April and end it early November, we have heated vest and warm gears. Cold I can deal with it's the rain I really hate.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:45 AM
RutRoo
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, if rain you hate, you will love to hate GA. and FL. in February..It is one of the best months for rain.. Also, March, April, May.. That is one reason it is so lush and green the rest of the year..

Old 11-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

Three years ago in December 2006 I trailered to Gainesville Fl. Was going to leave the truck and trailer in Tiffin GA. and ride the rest of the way to FL. and tour the state. When we got there it was cold and raining so we kept going until the weather got acceptable.

Stopped at a "you storage place" and paid $80.00 bucks for a months rent but only used it for 10 days. They only rented by the month. The truck and trailer were put behind a locked fence and I felt safe about leaving my sons truck there. Boiled down to $8.00 bucks a day to leave the truck and trailer in a safe place.

Old 11-17-2009, 10:04 PM
trozenhorse
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey fellow quebecer, drive into Florida and park it there. The keys are also supposed to be pretty cool to drive to, that's a trip I'm gonna plan soon. Enjoy!

Old 11-18-2009, 04:58 AM
DECON BLUE
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

RutRoo, it is not the rainy season here in Florida in Feb. Our rainy season does not start till about late may or june. If he gets down into south georgia he'll be good to go IMHO.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:30 AM
renter
Novice

put a snowblower in the back of the truck,
and the first place you get to that
someone asks whats that , off load the bike

just kidding

hope you have a great trip

Old 11-18-2009, 06:19 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,092 Likes on 3,647 Posts

Arrete en Caroline Du Nord Mon Bill...Je conduit a l'annee longue... Tu peut trouver un "Mini Storage a Smithfield NC ou le concessionaire de Harley. I was telling him i ride year round and NC would be warm enough for a Hardenned Snow Bird..I am pretty sure if you checked with Shelton's HD in Smithfield they could hook you up with a place to park around there.. www.sheltonshd.com Have a good trip...

Quick Reply: From Quebec to Florida in February, advise needed.