Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

TX Hill Country Ride... Photos...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 12:41 PM
ronorr44
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really appreciate all the info guys!!!!! You got me thinking!!!

Old 11-10-2009, 12:48 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bluffalobob
Sounds like you had a good time. I feel very lucky to live here and have access to all the great places around here to ride.

Feel the same way. I love the fact that in a matter of a few minuets I can be out riding these great roads either for a short hour or two ride of for the whole day.

Come to think of it, got a long weekend coming up. Maybe time to make another date with the Three Sisters.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:02 PM
usmcbay
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SciFiGuy

Feel the same way. I love the fact that in a matter of a few minuets I can be out riding these great roads either for a short hour or two ride of for the whole day.

Come to think of it, got a long weekend coming up. Maybe time to make another date with the Three Sisters.
Eating my heart out guys... It is a major alignment of the universe for me to get away that long with little ones at home...

Old 11-10-2009, 01:55 PM
gw01deuce
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by usmcbay
We met in Damon, TX then to Austin to Cedar Park to Marble Falls to Johnson City to Fredericksburg to Luckenbach - then to Blanco to San Marcos to Luling to Gonzales to Eagle Lake back to Sweeny w/ my Dad then home to Friendswood...
and didn't stop in Shiner? Wife and & were over there friday for lunch and some beer tasting... There's nothin' finer - than an ice cold Shiner!
Sounds like an awesome ride, hopefully my son and I can do some of that soon!

GW

Old 11-10-2009, 02:24 PM
usmcbay
Cruiser

Originally Posted by gw01deuce
and didn't stop in Shiner? Wife and & were over there friday for lunch and some beer tasting... There's nothin' finer - than an ice cold Shiner!
Sounds like an awesome ride, hopefully my son and I can do some of that soon!

GW
Well we cut North about 50m before we got to Shiner... on the way back it was raining Hard and we just had lunch in Gonzales at Buc-cees so we kept going. We did stop there last time at the Old Restaurant there by the tracks and was surprised by their good food and FREE Shiner Blondes...

...and you and your son definitely need to plan it and follow through with it~! The weather made our trip happen a little sooner than expected - but it was too nice to put off...

Old 11-10-2009, 04:35 PM
LA Cox
Cruiser

Awesome trip. I've been wanting to do a camping trip, but it's gonna have to be a guys trip for that one...wife isn't all interested in roughing it by any means!!

Late,

Last edited by LA Cox; 11-10-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:25 AM
usmcbay
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LA ***
Awesome trip. I've been wanting to do a camping trip, but it's gonna have to be a guys trip for that one...wife isn't all interested in roughing it by any means!!

Late,
I second that - though she did mention something about it the other night... we may have a change of heart going on in our house!!!
Of course it would involve TRAILERING the bike there...

Old 11-11-2009, 08:40 AM
sanaga
Road Captain

nice ride....
we cant do that here, ride and make a tent for sleep in the forest....we can get robbery or murdered here if we did that....

Old 11-11-2009, 09:06 AM
usmcbay
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sanaga
nice ride....
we cant do that here, ride and make a tent for sleep in the forest....we can get robbery or murdered here if we did that....
Sheesh... what if you set up your tent and Ambush them? Can you do that???

Wow... that's not very nice of them~!

Old 11-11-2009, 09:35 AM
TXHog69
Cruiser

I live in Temple and ride in the hill country every chance I get. For those interested here is a website that is devoted just to that area:

www.hillcountrycruising.com

We usually ride out to Llano and then down 281 to Fredricksburg, drink a few Shiners in Luckenbach and then head up to Marble Falls and take FM 1431 to Austin and up the highway from there. FM 1431 is one of the best roads I've ridden.

Quick Reply: TX Hill Country Ride... Photos...