Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

local road trip

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005 | 12:48 AM
Tripper
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Default local road trip

I'm not sure where this post should go as it covers a lot of subjects but it started out as just anothe road trip abeit short.

Kat, my wife, and I started out on a little putt to have lunch at Mayer, AZ (the closest Harley shop/cafe to us). To get there we had to brave cross winds, limited access um... "freeways" (Not the Interstate) and speeding cages. Well we made it in good order and had a lite lunch. Then we drifted over to the Harley shop to add to our collection on Harley knick-knacks. I am looking at some $$$ stuff when she comes running over and hauls my tusch over to the Bike section.

"Look at that," she screams pointing at a custom paint RK. "Wouldn't THAT be nice on a loooooong ride."

"Gulp, Yes" I answered.

Then she points to a Springer Custom, "Wow, that is pretty nice too but it needs a larger passenger seat."

So then we head out home taking a different route but still four lane divided hwy but this time I'm taking it much easier and letting the other traffic fly by. When we arrive home and says, "That was a nice ride but you know I much prefer the two-lane black top that we have been riding. Ya know if we start doing this for real and go to other places like NM, CO, TX, UT, NV and such (she will not even consider riding to or entering the People's Republik of Kalifornia), wouldn't it be nice to have one of them other bikes for longer trips?"

*gulp*"Sure, you mean in addition to the Dyna?"

"Well, of course, I would not want you to deprive yourself of your bike. This would be our bike."

I sh*t you not. All this is true and Happend today 14 May 2005.

Old 05-15-2005 | 01:30 AM
hawk
Road Master
Default RE: local road trip

ORIGINAL: Tripper

I'm not sure where this post should go as it covers a lot of subjects but it started out as just anothe road trip abeit short.

Kat, my wife, and I started out on a little putt to have lunch at Mayer, AZ (the closest Harley shop/cafe to us). To get there we had to brave cross winds, limited access um... "freeways" (Not the Interstate) and speeding cages. Well we made it in good order and had a lite lunch. Then we drifted over to the Harley shop to add to our collection on Harley knick-knacks. I am looking at some $$$ stuff when she comes running over and hauls my tusch over to the Bike section.

"Look at that," she screams pointing at a custom paint RK. "Wouldn't THAT be nice on a loooooong ride."

"Gulp, Yes" I answered.

Then she points to a Springer Custom, "Wow, that is pretty nice too but it needs a larger passenger seat."

So then we head out home taking a different route but still four lane divided hwy but this time I'm taking it much easier and letting the other traffic fly by. When we arrive home and says, "That was a nice ride but you know I much prefer the two-lane black top that we have been riding. Ya know if we start doing this for real and go to other places like NM, CO, TX, UT, NV and such (she will not even consider riding to or entering the People's Republik of Kalifornia), wouldn't it be nice to have one of them other bikes for longer trips?"

*gulp*"Sure, you mean in addition to the Dyna?"

"Well, of course, I would not want you to deprive yourself of your bike. This would be our bike."

I sh*t you not. All this is true and Happend today 14 May 2005.
tripper: I think you have passed away and gone to heaven

Old 05-15-2005 | 03:14 AM
AceArt
Road Warrior

Tripper, Buy lottery tickets, hop a plane to Vegas, cuss out the IRS, the planets are aligned right for you. Do not stoop to think, do not calculate the cost, do not pass go, ASAP get that wonderful woman back to the Harley dealer and get some business done.
Some days your luck is so bad that if you bought a duck it would drown, but you, my man, if you bought a pig right now, it would probablyy fly, get on the David Letterman show, make you millions of dollars and then barbecue itself for a celebration party when you got your new Harley.
Congrats on having such a wonderful wife. You must be doing something right!
Art

Old 05-15-2005 | 08:07 AM
Tripper
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Yes, I am fortunate to have such a wife. She was raised in central Texas by her grandparents who would loan her out to her aunt. Now this aunt was the county sheriff and used to take Kat "on patrol." Patrol consisted of touring the county backroads and cross country on a John Deere

[IMG]local://upfiles/1087/99E4362562F54A4A8A9025A0F1A4AB0F.jpg[/IMG]

looking for strays, stolen stuff, and other things. Her aunt was packing a Hog Leg of course being sheriff and all. So riding the bike reminds her of her past.

We used to ride together before we got married on a Honda CB 350(?) back in the middle '60s.

Anyway she loves to be in the wind. <- four smiles out of four.

Old 05-15-2005 | 10:22 AM
zigs4scores
Advanced

I'm speachless and I'm crying.[sm=boohoo.gif]

Zig

Old 05-16-2005 | 01:08 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member

This is the most moving post this forum has ever seen. I'm tingly all over.

Go home right now, and marry her again.

I'm all weepy here.

Mac

Old 05-16-2005 | 11:52 PM
Tripper
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Yes, folks, I realize just how lucky I am; we've known each other for 43 years and have been happily married for 39 years. Today she went out and bought a display case for all the Harley nick nacks that she and I have been buying and placed in a premium spot in the livingroom. Me thinks the Harley bug has been here.

Old 05-17-2005 | 12:43 AM
Harley Rulz
Banned

Does she have a sister [sm=joke.gif] Hell she's from Texas it's no wonder she's so wonderful.You're a lucky man.

All I can say is GIT-R-DONE

Craig

Old 05-17-2005 | 12:58 AM
breaknbad
Road Warrior

So now for the important question,

When are you going to go get the bike?

You are a lucky man,

David

Old 05-17-2005 | 02:28 AM
Tripper
|
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: breaknbad

So now for the important question,

When are you going to go get the bike?

You are a lucky man,

David
I have a chunk of money coming in the next month; my birthday is next month. So I should wait. But the FLSTCI that we both want is sitting on the floor at the local H-D shop *drool*. We're going down tomorrow to take another "look" at it, provided they havn't sold it in the mean time. Strike while the iron is hot. I can scrape together about $2000 for a 10+% down payment depending on the extras and kick in the other money when it gets here. So it could be as soon as manana Good Lord and the finance company willing. If they have already sold it then we have to start looking. I ... uh, we have pretty much decided on the FLSTCI so it's just a matter of finding one in the colour that we (read her) want. Other extras can be added later as finances allow.

Quick Reply: local road trip