Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Need suggestions for Florida trip

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need suggestions for Florida trip

My wife and I are going to trailer our bikes down to Jacksonville Beach for the two weeks after Christmas. After visiting family, we plan to take some rides around Florida. Any suggestions? Also, need to know good places to eat on any suggested routes.

Last edited by Ozoneman; 10-06-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:58 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Don't Miss Cedar Key a Fun trip and lots of ways to get there .. Once there the place to eat is Frogs Landing.. Reasonable Prices, Biker Friendly .. Head up a little farther north on Hwy19 and check out Steinhatchee, Nice Secluded area right on the Gulf and the place to eat there is Fiddlers.. From there go a little farther north until hit Hwy 98 and swing through Appalachicola and several great restaurants to choose from overlooking the Bay. From there go onto Port St Joe and Mexico Beach, both which also has several fine places to choose from.. Once have gone that far into the Panhandle Gulf Run probably won't be happy until finish the 98 beach run all the way to Pensacola..

Old 10-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

From Jacksonville Beach, is this a 2 or 3 day round trip?

Old 10-06-2009, 07:45 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Could do it in 2 but 3 would be far more enjoyable .. Few people realize the Upper Panhandle of FL is over 300 miles long .. It's 368 Miles from Jax to Pensacola straight across I-10 which is the shortest way East to West.. If get close to Lake City give me a holler be glad to show you a few good back roads .. I am about an hour west of Jax.. If looking for more good replies try posting in the Florida Crew section .. Got people all over Florida in there ..

Last edited by JayStronghawk; 10-07-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Hx3
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Key West on New Years Eve is a great place to be. Think New Orleans and beads. It's ten hours from Jax to Key West....it can be done in one day.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:09 AM
johnpeter
Stage I

Orlando, FL
Believe and new kiddie rides
The marine life park is revamping its signature Shamu killer whale stadium show. Believe will incorporate more multi-media and special effects, including huge video screens. It is also adding three kiddie rides, including a small Shamu-themed coaster. Universal Orlando
Orlando, FL
Universal 360: A Cinesphere Spectacular and High In The Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride
The resort will debut Universal 360: A Cinesphere Spectacular at its Universal Studios Florida park. The nighttime show, which debuts in early July, will feature highlights from the studio's impressive movie catalog projected onto four, 40-foot-tall, 360-degree globes set up around the park's lagoon. The show will incorporate original music, lasers, and, because it's Universal, some in-your-face pyrotechnics. The resort says that it will develop other Cinesphere shows for its Halloween Horror Nights (which will move back to the Universal Studios park this year) and Christmas holiday events. At Islands of Adventure, the overhead track and show building at the edge of Seuss Landing that has been dormant since the park opened in 1999 will finally spring to life when the High In The Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride debuts in June. The attraction will feature scenes from Dr. Seuss stories, including ÒDr. Seuss's ABCsÓ and ÒThe Sneetches and Other Stories.Ó The CityWalk entertainment complex will welcome the Red Coconut Club in June and the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurant in July.
Walt Disney World
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Happiest Celebration on Earth, Expedition Everest, Pirates of the Caribbean
Disney World 's Animal Kingdom features incredible opportunities to view wildlife, but it comes up somewhat short in the attraction department. That will change for the better in 2006 when the park introduces the highly themed roller coaster,

Old 10-07-2009, 06:08 AM
PowerFactor
Road Master

I really have to second Cedar Key. Great place. I've really always been a sucker for riding down A1A and US-1 to Key West. Going down the coast through all the beach towns is a blast. I recommend taking your time though. It's do-able in one day, if necessary. My .02

Old 10-07-2009, 07:46 AM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

dude it's florida...anywhere is nice!!!....hit the coasts, catch a sunrise and a sunset or two...eat seafood...you'll love it

here's a website about FL roads, there's other sites too...search around and see what you're into

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/route...L/FL_index.htm

Last edited by 2008FLHP; 10-07-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:59 AM
billross77
Intermediate

I will repeat my recommendation for the Turtle Shack in Flaggler Beach. Seems that it is 45 minutes or so south of Jacksonville.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:48 PM
bentryder
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,432 Likes on 2,203 Posts

If ya are going south...i like A1A south to about fort pierce...then jump on the turnpike to homestead..then us1 to the keys..take card sound road to key largo...its about 5 hours from ft. lauderdale to the end of us1 in key west..if your comming south...and need more info..pm me

Quick Reply: Need suggestions for Florida trip