Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Getting my motorcycle to Europe...

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 06:59 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

Where do you live as I ship via ship with no packing needed. The company I use goes out of JAX (Jaxonville, FL) and costs around $450. They lash it to the floor with tie downs in between boats. Free money for them. Their ships circle the world and it would take 2-4 weeks depending when you deliver it to them. If you time it correctly it would be 2 weeks.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:13 PM
planoattorney
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to revive this thread.

I understand the general consensus of this group, as well as my HOG chapter is to just rent when you get there . . . BUT - 50th birthday is only a couple years away and I want to go to Ireland and drink from the tap at St. James Gate (already started the logistics on that, may not get to literally lie on the ground and drink, but Guinness rep said they would arrange a tour and make it "memorable".)

Plus, I understand there is a big HOG rally in Killarney in May each year. I am certain that on top of bike rental being expensive - renting during the rally would be difficult - and who among us would not want to ride our own to such an event? Plus, my bike is green and gorgeous - we all think our bike looks best . . . I however, am right and my greatest joy of Harley ownership would be to ride away from that Rally with an award for best in show Softail.

Call me an egotist, I think my bike could do it. But, I have to get her there first.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:33 AM
Streetin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Planoattorney, sounds like a great time. I just got back from six days in Ireland. In Dublin, saw two Harleys. Guiness Storehouse tour was great. Best part was the full glass samples on the top floor.
We spent two nights in Killarney. The party doesn't slow down til 3 or 4 in the morning. City crews show up about 7 to clean it all up.
Nice curvy roads but have to remember, they drive on the left side.
Hope it works out for you.
Streetin