Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Road side assistance for long trips.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 AM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 540 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by harley0711
As I have stated before - don't think your AAA will cover you - call your agent and check... I live in Turlock CA -- Northern CA AAA will NOT sell the RV/Motorcycle tow coverage...
I also have AAA RV Plus. I bought it last year specifically for my bike before I took off on a week long trip. They may not sell it in California ( a lot of insurance companies won't do business in California) but if you have it you are covered while in California.

From my AAA membership agreement

The vehicle coverage:

In addition to vehicles eligible under AAA Basic and AAA Plus, a AAA Plus RV membership provides you with coverage for the following eligible vehicles: factory RVs, motor homes and pickups with campers; motorcycles; eligible vehicles towing the following eligible trailers: boat, travel, horse, motorcycle, snowmobile, personal watercraft, golf, car or utility; and select small rental trailers that meet specific outlined trailer guidelines.
Service Guidelines:

ERS is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in the United States and Canada.With AAA Plus and AAA Plus RV, you substantially increase your towing privileges – up to 100 miles of towing.

I just finished a trip thorgh BC and Alberta and back to Washington. I felt comfortable knowing I had coverage in Canada. Haven't had to use their service so can't comment or compare to others.

It cost an additional $90 per year for my wife and myself over the basic coverage we had for the cages.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:40 AM
tseek555
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll throw a thought out here. On another forum I belong to we have a road help network of sorts. On more than 1 occasion a member has broke down and contacted another member who in turn found a member close to the stranded member and help was there in no time. We also have a list of members who are willing to help, and what they can provide ( garage, tools, bed, truck or trailer etc.) With the number of members on this site, I'd bet there is someone with a hundred miles or less of any break down location.
Just a thought..............

Old 09-17-2009, 07:16 AM
hullhorr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 182 Posts

I have not had to use my HOG assistance yet, but some of my buddies have and they swear by it. I have also read that AAA also has great roadside service for riders.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:20 AM
BB4xl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have AAA plus. I used it once. No problems decent guy and truck, had everything he needed.

Old 09-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Newhawk
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bad thing about breaking down in CO or WY is the lack of cell phone service.
I broke down 50 miles from Colorado Springs Fri. afternoon. Out of the 6 cell phones in the group none of us had service. Fortunately I was leading a group of out of state riders that had trailered to CO. They went back to their motel and got their trailer to get me home.
Hwy 126 between Pine and Deckers CO = no cell phone service.

Last edited by Newhawk; 09-27-2009 at 08:56 AM. Reason: it was fri not thur