Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Good Report on Mountainfest 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 01:19 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 386 Likes on 219 Posts
Smile Good Report on Mountainfest 2009

I was at a different rally, in Canaan Valley WV, but on Friday I spoke with a rider in Davis WV. He was there on a day ride from Morgantown, Mountain Fest. As of that Friday morning he felt it wasn't as well attended as last year. But now people I've spoken with said a *lot* of riders kept rolling in Friday, and even Saturday. The local authorities, and promotors, estimated 65K this year which is a record.

The local paper here quotes Morgantown Police Chief Phil Scott "Even with all of the thousands of extra people in town, we had less incidents than we've had in a long time". He said he didn't know of a single arrest or crash connected to MountainFest. State Police Sgt G Raikes said heavy traffic was the only problem he could think of that stemmed from the weekend motorcycle rally. Everybody had a good time and it was a very respectful crowd. He said "festival goers actually stopped troopers to comment on how helpful the police officers watching over MountainFest were. Some gave officers bottles of water!"

Contrast this to the "All Good Festival" (music festival) that was held in adjacent Preston county the week before which resulted in more than 100 arrests. Sheriff Al Kisner said "that doesn't happen at MountainFest. It's great, you can have something that big in Morgantown and Monongalia County and have very few problems."

Old 07-28-2009, 09:05 PM
nowbmw
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was there and had a great time, didnt roll in till late friday and many kept coming, i will go back next year fro sure, travis tritt put on one heck of a show.

Brent