Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

road trip

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 05:46 PM
4boltsiron
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default road trip

One of the best road trips I've been via motorcycle is to Bryce and Zion
canyons in S.Utah.Absolutely beautifull!Places there where you can get off
the beaten path and think about ...how there is still places you can go that
really make one think how lucky they are.(I'd like to do that now considering
things arent mostly excellent right now)There is a tunnel in zion must be a 1/4
mile long,and bryce is just strange and awsome!Well worth making an effort to see
This seems like a good subject for the forum,Where have you all been?

Old 11-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts
Default RE: road trip

I took that trip also, and agree, the whole area is unbelievable. I would recommend anyone go to the whole Utah, Colorado, Arizona triangle on a road trip.

Last year I took a fantastic trip starting in Toronto, went up the Bruce Peninsula on Lake Huron, took the ferry across to Manitoulin Island, across the top of Lake Superior to Thunderbay, Down Lake Michigan to Duluth, across to Minn. / St Paul, then back across to Chicago, up to Milwalkee, where we went on the Coors an HD tours, up to the ferry, across Lake Michigan and up the lake for a night at Mackinac Island, over the bridge that intersects Lakes Michigan, Superior and Huron and around the to of lake Huron back to Toronto. Great trip!!!! Lots of spectacular scenery, plus great cities to explore. 12 days, 2600 miles, lot's of memories. Look the route up on a map. Definatly worth it!

Old 11-17-2004, 11:34 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't been to Zion in over 20 years but I remember it being a beautiful place. Hopefully it may be a stop in a long line of road trips.

Old 12-01-2004, 06:09 PM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just did a swing thru CO, WY (Jackson Hole & Yellowstone), ID, & UT (from top to bottom). While Zion and Bryce are truly spectacular, the ride out of Zion to Bryce, and scenic Rt 12 back up to I-80 is truly breathtaking. I have seen quite a bit of this great country, from Key West to Seattle, and from Maine to San Diego, but this last trip ranks right up there in the top 5.

Old 12-04-2004, 02:09 AM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, those sound like some really nice rides. I'm going to plan one for this summer. I'll post it when I figure it out...

Ryan

Old 12-05-2004, 01:10 PM
cvillkoa
6th Gear

another good ride is called deals gap,NC,,,known as the tail of the dragon ,, its got 318 turns in 11 miles ,, www.tailofthedragon.com
rick

Old 12-05-2004, 10:16 PM
Lovetoride
Grand HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: cvillkoa

another good ride is called deals gap,NC,,,known as the tail of the dragon ,, its got 318 turns in 11 miles ,, www.tailofthedragon.com
rick
Wow! That looks like an awesome ride...

Ryan

Old 12-11-2004, 06:34 AM
Lev
Tourer

Most of the great biking roads in the UK are now blighted by speed cameras, and places like the Snake pass in Derbyshire, and meeting places like Devils Bridge, Matock Bath and Squires Milk bar are swamped with Police, from Bike cops to Helicopters, trying to catch speeders.

In north Wales the Police set up road blocks and pull over ONLY BIKERS, and do full checks on the bikes looking for illegal exhaust, small number plates ect.

I would agree about the Zion/Bryce road, (although Ive only done it in a car). Another road in the US I thought would be fantastic on a bike is the Old Kings Highway (6A) in Cape Cod, although it would have to be in the Winter when its not too busy.
Lev