Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Should I stay in Maggie Valley?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 10:19 AM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maggie Valley is a great place to stay! You can always go to Waynesville (next town) over for some evening action (nice resturant/bars) if needed. It is about 10-15 minutes down the road. Maggie Valley has very little traffic compared to Gatlinburg. Gatlinburg is like disneyland in the middle of the great smokey mountains. (neat place to visit and stay but I'm not sure if it's ideal for a motorcycle trip). Maybe you should stay in Maggie Valley most of the time and maybe spend a day/evening in Gatlinburg!

You're gonna love this trip.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:56 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
I can get a motel in Maggie Valley for about $50 a night. Are there good places to eat there?
When in Maggie Valley we always stay at the Three Pines Motel. It's about $40/night (two queens) and is up on a hill near the main drag. It isn't fancy but quiet with a great view, and motorcycle friendly. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:29 PM
marshrat
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another plus to Maggie Valley is that up the hill at Soco Gap is the Blue Ridge Parkway. It is one of the most spectacular sections of the BRP.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:38 PM
69z28
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wheels through time museum is a must see in Maggie Valley,I understand Dale doesn't open everyday like he used to but it's a great place.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

I'm thinking I might stay in Maggie Valley for 3 nights and Gatlinburg for 2 nights. Looking at the roads that I want to do, that may work best.

Now for some input on restaurants...

Old 07-17-2009, 08:38 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I just left Maggie Valley today. I am not big on night life so that was not a big factor for me to go there. I will tell you though, after riding the area all day, when we got back we were totally exhausted. If the road has asphalt on it, it is a great road. I have never in my life experienced so many twists and turns. Just coming down off the BRP on routes 276 and 215 is a work out in handling the scoot.

Last edited by soos; 07-17-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:40 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 69z28
Wheels through time museum is a must see in Maggie Valley,I understand Dale doesn't open everyday like he used to but it's a great place.
It was closed while I was there.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:11 PM
02ULTRA
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 69z28

Wheels Through Time is a "Must See", awesome collection of motorcycles.

The absolute best place to stay is the Iron Horse Resort, right in the middle of the Blue Ridge, Maggie Valley, The Dragon's Tail, Cherahola Pkwy.

http://www.ironhorsenc.com/

You won't be disappointed.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Yojimbo
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My folks love the Jarrett House in the area. Not exactly sure of the location, but I know it's one of mam and dad's favorites.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:25 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Originally Posted by soos
It was closed while I was there.
Soos, Dale is only opening on Saturdays lately.

Another good place to stay is the Rocky Waters which is up the hill a bit back towards Cherokee and right next to Ghost Town in the Sky. nice little place where you can get a room on a rushing creek and they are very biker friendly.

Maggie is a good base for riding some of the best roads in the area, hell we ride up there on a day basis from No GA just to hit hte area roads and then back home, it's worth it!

Quick Reply: Should I stay in Maggie Valley?