Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Should I stay in Maggie Valley?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:24 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That they do brother zoood, have proved that several times over now.
Wish I could make it up to see y'all but no go man.

Hanging out on the reservations for Thunder Beach so see if rates drop any, they haven't went up so I figure it won't hurt to hang a week or so more to see if they tumble a little.

Safe ridin now ya hear!

Old 08-12-2009, 09:26 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
Hope the weather forecast improves. We can't cancel even if we wanted to. No refunds on the cabin. So we are locked in and will be there rain or shine.
this is what the extended forcast looks like for maggie valley. 30% and 40%
thats hit or miss. Tho 60% is what Ill be headin home in on Thursday. Still, this is summer weather, its expected.

Mon
Aug 17

Scattered T-Storms

75°
53°

30%

75°F

Tue
Aug 18

Scattered T-Storms

76°
54°

30%

76°F

Wed
Aug 19

Scattered T-Storms

75°
54°

40%

75°F
'Read' the Weather

Thu
Aug 20

Showers

74°
53°

60%

zoood/RJ

Old 08-12-2009, 09:30 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by StonerGlide
That they do brother zoood, have proved that several times over now.
Wish I could make it up to see y'all but no go man.

Hanging out on the reservations for Thunder Beach so see if rates drop any, they haven't went up so I figure it won't hurt to hang a week or so more to see if they tumble a little.

Safe ridin now ya hear!
make sure to count me and the misses in. rain or shine. We'll be a ridin there with ya's

Old 08-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

I guess we can look at 30 percent chance of rain as 70 percent chance it won't rain. Let's be optimistic, but keep praying for sunny skies.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:43 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Had a great ride down there last year, was a bit cool when we left Atl but was mid to high 80's during day and mid to high 60's at night, not a drop of rain. Hope it holds true this year but don't matter need the vacation rain or shine. Serious deer hunting time after that, ridin will be limited directly by how much meat finds its way to the freezer. Knock down 3 or 4 early and a couple more late season and I will ride all winter and be very happy.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:44 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Dude that cold be your new tag line!

No More Fried Thighs (and dry ***** too!)

Old 08-12-2009, 09:47 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
I guess we can look at 30 percent chance of rain as 70 percent chance it won't rain. Let's be optimistic, but keep praying for sunny skies.
There ya go! Thats positive thinking! My OL wants to go so bad. That even if they called for snow. I'd invest in chains for the trike! lol Gotta keep mama happy. Besides, those mountains have the tendency to keep the scattered storms at bay. They loose their power over them. Its the down sweep in the foot hills that they get their act together. ill deal with em when I head east on Thursday.

zoood/RJ

Old 08-12-2009, 09:51 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We're in Gatlinburg right now. It was VERY BUSY when we got here last Saturday night (too busy for my tastes), but by Monday it was quiet. You can drive through town no problem, and it offers a lot more for dining and night life. We drove through Maggie Valley on the way to the Dragon, and that seemed a little bit too "rustic" for me personally. Since you're going to be there for the work-week I'd suggest Gatlinburg. We've had GREAT meals every single night. The Alamo steakhouse was great, Bubba Gump's was super as well, and Corky's has some of the best bar-b-cue around. As long as you're here during the week, in my opinon it's the place to be. Also, as far as riding, make sure you ride through the National Park. Did the BRP, which was nice, the Dragon was okay, but there truely aren't any "bad rides" to be found anywhere around here.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:01 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
We're in Gatlinburg right now. It was VERY BUSY when we got here last Saturday night (too busy for my tastes), but by Monday it was quiet. You can drive through town no problem, and it offers a lot more for dining and night life. We drove through Maggie Valley on the way to the Dragon, and that seemed a little bit too "rustic" for me personally. Since you're going to be there for the work-week I'd suggest Gatlinburg. We've had GREAT meals every single night. The Alamo steakhouse was great, Bubba Gump's was super as well, and Corky's has some of the best bar-b-cue around. As long as you're here during the week, in my opinon it's the place to be. Also, as far as riding, make sure you ride through the National Park. Did the BRP, which was nice, the Dragon was okay, but there truely aren't any "bad rides" to be found anywhere around here.
i like it rustic! Hell where I'm at, its still last week. have to ride 7 miles for a stop light. Ive been on a lot of those roads. Id rather just point the scoot and see where the road leads. gatlinburg is just like any other small city. Too many cagers with cell phones stuck to their heads!

zoood/RJ

Old 08-12-2009, 10:04 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's all good then, to each his own. I was just sticking in my .02 worth. I'll tell you though, when we pulled into Pigeon Forge (coming towards Gatlinburg) last Saturday I thought we'd made a big mistake by staying here, but by Monday, things had settled down drastically, and I'm glad we stayed here. In any event, I hope you have as good of a time as we've had.

Quick Reply: Should I stay in Maggie Valley?