Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Wellsboro Pennsylvania

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 02:57 PM
territory145
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wellsboro Pennsylvania

good afternoon. our chapter is planning a trip to the Pennsylvania grand canyon. We will be leaving from Binghamton and heading west to Wellsboro. Looking on the map, the area looks pretty big. Can anyone please steer us in the right direction for the best views. We would also appreciate a restaurant for lunch.
Thank you very much.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by territory145
good afternoon. our chapter is planning a trip to the Pennsylvania grand canyon. We will be leaving from Binghamton and heading west to Wellsboro. Looking on the map, the area looks pretty big. Can anyone please steer us in the right direction for the best views. We would also appreciate a restaurant for lunch.
Thank you very much.
I live in Wellsboro. Are you taking 17/86 to Corning & down 15? How many will be in your group? When are you going? I can give you easy directions to both east & west rims of the canyon.

Jim

Old 06-17-2009, 10:08 PM
bruce sg08
Road Captain

just came back from wellsboro love the area. Leonard harrison has a nice view. For lunch the Wellsboro diner is great, but with a large group won't be all together maybe not even all in the diner at the same time. The steak house is good and can sit all together. Theres not a bad road in the area, 287N is nice going up thru a valley with lakes on your right and the mountains in the background. If you guys are going to spend the night make sure you make reservations that little town always seems full and we've had to move to the next town on more then one occassion because they where full. If you stay I would recommend the Canyon motel first, followed by the Sherwood, and then the Penn well lodge, don't confuse the Penn Well Lodge with the Penwood motel. We didn't care for the Pennwood motel. This week is the laurel festival.
Wished I would have seen this post before I left I would have looked u up gzr glide.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:24 AM
paguy
Road Captain

I'd come across rt. 17 to 220 and ride rt6 to wellsboro. You'll find lodging in Wellsboro more expensive then the dozens of motels you'll see on route 6. Having lived in Arizona, Pa.s canyon dont do much for me.
Looking at your map you'll see a small town, Kane, in the middle of the national forest. It's about an hour ride west from Wellsboro. Kane motel or Kane View motel around 50-60 a night and the Texas hot lunch has good food.
If you go that way reserve a room first.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:25 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by paguy
I'd come across rt. 17 to 220 and ride rt6 to wellsboro. You'll find lodging in Wellsboro more expensive then the dozens of motels you'll see on route 6. Having lived in Arizona, Pa.s canyon dont do much for me.
Looking at your map you'll see a small town, Kane, in the middle of the national forest. It's about an hour ride west from Wellsboro. Kane motel or Kane View motel around 50-60 a night and the Texas hot lunch has good food.
If you go that way reserve a room first.
I've seen the one in AZ too, and you're right --- not even close! Not bad though, for the rolling hills of PA. Those are real mountains out there. These are just nice rolling hills.

These guys can easily do Binghamton to Wellsboro and back, in a day. Kane's more like 2 hrs west, or a little more, but sounds like they just want a day trip. Haven't heard back from any of them, so we'll see what they're looking for.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:47 PM
territory145
Cruiser
Default wellsboro

The NYS HOG Rally is July 9-12. There will be 25 bikes, 30 to 35 people.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:31 AM
paguy
Road Captain

Check out on net. motorcycle roads. U.S., also, Look up route 6, pa. on the net. Places to stay. You may want to find a place in the middle of all the great rides. Call for reservations.