Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Osbornes HD, Ft. Wayne, IN - Shoutout

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 09:03 AM
FASTFXD
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Osbornes HD, Ft. Wayne, IN - Shoutout

These guys helped me out on the road and were great!

Was travelling along out of state to a meet and noticed an oil leak. Kept an eye on it and added oil as-needed, but I was in a hurry to get where I needed to be and the damn leak was bugging me.

Saw Osborne’s sign from I-69 in Fort Wayne as I passed so got off and went over to see if they could help me out. An inde shop that sells new Victorys, used HDs and does a lot of HD service. Nice guys, clean, great-looking shop. With no hesitation they said they’d get me right in and back on the road, but it was lunch time and all the techs were out, so they said it would be an hour or so before anyone could get to it.

I knew exactly what was wrong and asked if I could possibly pay to use their lift and fix it myself. Didn’t realize I was talking to the owner – Gary Osborn. He says “sure” and set me up with tools, cleaner, misc. stuff I needed and so I went to work all the while enjoying a nice conversation about Harleys and the business in general with Gary.

He left the shop area as I was still working and after a while the shop guys start getting back just as I was finishing up. There I was on someone’s lift, using someone’s tools, no one knowing me from Adam - and no one was anything but friendly and helpful.

Got it all buttoned up and all they would charge me for was a qt of oil and two hose clamps. Shot the sheit with one of the techs, Shannon, for a while and was on my way.

Thought I’d relate this great experience. If I lived in Ft. Wayne, I’d take my biz there. This is the way things used to be, but seem to seldom be any more.

Last edited by FASTFXD; 06-02-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:26 PM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Good stuff. I only hope I run into the same hospitality when I need it.