Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Sturgis Campgrounds???

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:08 PM
nibroc
Road Warrior
Received 222 Likes on 164 Posts

ditto on that rushnomore---very laid back--nice amenities--tent, m/h or cabin--one exit from sturgis--ya can take the back road to sturgis w/o getting on the interstate--jmho

Old 06-05-2009, 01:45 PM
mervt198
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shade Valley has shuttle service to Sturgis

Old 06-08-2009, 06:24 PM
drfeelgood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Lamphere Ranch. Walking distance from the Full Throttle and next to the Glencoe. Has showers which are cleaned daily and a nice little store / grill that serves great food all three meals of the day. Within walking distance from the crazy spots but just far enough away to get some sleep. Very reasonable priced and plenty of shade is available to hide from the sun.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:19 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by nibroc
ditto on that rushnomore---very laid back--nice amenities--tent, m/h or cabin--one exit from sturgis--ya can take the back road to sturgis w/o getting on the interstate--jmho
First Post!!!!
Double Ditto on Rush-No-More, it's really two exit's south of Sturgis, not the campgrounds right out on the interstate, but back in canyon. It is a campground that goes all out to make biker's with RV's and tents have a great "QUIET" rally. RVer's better book early, tenters are 1st come , 1st serve....and they do fill up even though Roger has been expanding the campground every year. My wife and I have been staying there since Roger and Diane bought the place in '01 (?). Hard to count, been doing Sturgis since '82. They retired and sold it late last year to a "campground corporation", I hope the new owners keep the same great service.
We spend the week before Sturgis in Deadwood before the rates go up, this way the girls get spoiled and we can get away with more during the rally and come back to a nice campground.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Milan
Banned

Originally Posted by NICK_AK
is nice, it's about 2 miles outta town and about a mile from the chip. lotsa shade, mellow, they serve breakfast and dinner for about 7 bucks. the rate last year was 10 bucks a day. clean bathrooms with showers, they may have laundry as well -i can't recall for sure. great place that i would stay at again.
+1 on Creekside campground. Close to everything, hot showers, clean bathrooms, store, restaurant and you can actually get some sleep.
Milan

Old 06-08-2009, 10:49 PM
FXSTDSE2
Outstanding HDF Member

http://www.bearbuttecreekcampground.com/rates.html

Stay there every time we go. About a mile from the chip and 3 miles from down town Sturgis. Band every night, Bar, Store, Hot food, showers, washer & dryers, ETC... And you can sleep at night if you choose to.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:30 PM
kathyp6555
Stage I

Just a quick note about Rush No More Campground. It is a really nice campground. We just left there a few days ago. Of course this is after rally but got to know the new owners and new managers. They are an awesome group of people. This is a private owned campgound. It has a pool, hot tub, luxury sights with your own hot tub. Laundry facities and clean bathrooms. I was impressed. Haven't been to rally for a couple of years but have booked my stay for 2010 here. I know if you call them they will answer any of your questions. It is really nice and peaceful. Heard that the campground was pretty quite during rally. That was from a neighbor. Beautiful place. I would recommend it to anyone.

www.rushnomore.com

Last edited by kathyp6555; 09-23-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:56 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

We stayed at Mooney's Hog Farm in Piedmont about 15 miles from Sturgis. Very nice campgrounds with good showers and the main building has a big kitchen. You can get all 3 meals there if you like, all homemade food and 3 or 4 different kinds of pie to choose from for dinner, with or without ice cream. Cost is $15 a night. Dang hard to beat. It's more of a quiet family style campground, not a big party place.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:01 AM
paulc
Advanced

you got some great place names over there. they all sound like places i need to visit

Old 09-26-2009, 11:09 AM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by kathyp6555
Just a quick note about Rush No More Campground. It is a really nice campground. We just left there a few days ago. Of course this is after rally but got to know the new owners and new managers. They are an awesome group of people. This is a private owned campgound. It has a pool, hot tub, luxury sights with your own hot tub. Laundry facities and clean bathrooms. I was impressed. Haven't been to rally for a couple of years but have booked my stay for 2010 here. I know if you call them they will answer any of your questions. It is really nice and peaceful. Heard that the campground was pretty quite during rally. That was from a neighbor. Beautiful place. I would recommend it to anyone.

www.rushnomore.com
kathy.....welcome to the forum
My wife and I too enjoy Rushnomore, my only gripe is their rate did jump to $22 a day from last year's $18 if you don't stay the 10 day rate.
Also we booked out a day early and didn't get a refund or an offer to apply to next year's stay....bummer
So, with that, YES we will still stay at RNM, but I'm only paying for few days and then pay as you go.

Quick Reply: Sturgis Campgrounds???