Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Sturgis Campgrounds???

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 11:57 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Old 05-31-2009, 07:49 AM
Heath
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I stayed in Deadwood. Nice 20 minute drive to Sturgis(during the day). Deadwood gulch campground. Nice facilities. They had one fee for the whole week, whether you stayed one night or 7.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:28 AM
SNJridin
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bars??

I heard some campgrounds have shuttles that will take you to the bars at night. I want to see more than just the campground at night. I think I will skip the Chip. Any must see bars I shouldn't miss??

Old 05-31-2009, 08:29 AM
gregsworld
Tourer

We stay in Bell Fourche (pronounced Foosh). It's about 15 minutes from Sturgis and really quiet. Plus, the campground sits right on the route to Hulett for the big Wednesday ride. Wyatt's Hideaway
Greg

Old 05-31-2009, 08:31 AM
Heath
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SNJridin
I heard some campgrounds have shuttles that will take you to the bars at night. I want to see more than just the campground at night. I think I will skip the Chip. Any must see bars I shouldn't miss??
You're right, I forgot to mention that. they had a trolley that ran us downtown at night. Didn't have to worry about having too many and needing to ride the bike...not a good combo!

Old 05-31-2009, 08:33 AM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The Chip will have some great concerts but you don't have to stay there. Many campgrounds will have shuttles to the Chip and some of the bars like Full Throttle and Broken Spoke.
Use this link to take you to many more.
http://www.sturgis.com/campncabin.html

Old 06-01-2009, 09:32 AM
jimmie d wad
Tourer

ive been through most of the bars around sturgis over the last 13 years.being a non drinker the only must visit bar for me is the full throttle.i like watching the bull riding.its kind of a pain to get through town so(can take hours going ether way)we quit staying on the east side of town.if you stay in spearfish or bell fouce (however its spelled) you can go through newll on hwy 79 to get to the chip or full throttle.think its 20 or 30 miles one way but alot quicker and less cops.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Apendejo
Road Warrior
Received 523 Likes on 296 Posts

Glencoe is staggering distance from the Full Throttle. Lots of shade in the MC only camping area. Only downside about Glencoe is that it tends to be loud, and that one guy with the old iron head Sportster with drag pipes that likes to get up around 5 a.m. and try to unfoul his plugs thru the campground. His twin brother does the same thing at the 'Chip.
Creekside is on 79 across from the dragstrip. Nice place to stay, relatively qiuet, they don't put up with drunken night howlers or loud music after dark.
AP

Old 06-03-2009, 12:27 PM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

rushnomore.....

Old 06-03-2009, 08:00 PM
galaxiedriver
Advanced

Horsethief campground in Hill City, about 35 or so miles south of Sturgis. It has RV spots, cabins and tent sites. It is just on the edge of Custer State Park. A beautiful and friendly campground set among the pines.

My brothers and I will be staying there next week for 6 days while we ride the Black Hills and see the sights.

There is a Harley dealer in Hill City about 7 miles from the campground.

http://www.horsethief.com/

Quick Reply: Sturgis Campgrounds???