Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Don't speed in Georgia

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:37 AM
motorted
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't speed in Georgia

I heard that Sonny (Governor) was supposed to sign into law some new speeding fines yesterday. They are to add $200 in fines to any speeding ticket if you get caught going over 75 mph on a 2 lane road or 85 mph on a 4 lane road. Watch it out there!

Old 05-06-2009, 12:51 PM
TRUBRIT
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

To add to this, we saw approaching a construction zone $200.00 Fine AND 30 days in Jail. We hit the brakes real quick. That was a couple of weeks ago running from Helen to Macon on the backroads.

Old 05-06-2009, 04:46 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Ya dang sure better not get caught speeding between Hogansville and Fairburn on 85 in the construction going on there .. Them boys are making some cash ..

Old 05-07-2009, 09:40 AM
DB10881
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drove through Georgia a month ago in the cage, ticket writing was in full swing, kinda surprised at the heavy activity.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:44 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BaggerDriver
Ya dang sure better not get caught speeding between Hogansville and Fairburn on 85 in the construction going on there .. Them boys are making some cash ..
We just rode thru there...and, if'n I had stuck to the posted speed limit in that work zone, we'd been run smack over in a skinny minute. The closer ya get to Atlanta...the crazier folks get.

I was stopped for speedin thru GA down 'round Americus a long time ago. The officer had me follow him in to town to see the magistrate for my fine. The magistrate looked thru a chart he had, and then told me the amount of my fine. I don't remember the amount now, but I DO remember it bein ridiculously high. When I responded with, "Holy cow...that can't be right?!"...the magistrate just leaned over the bench a little and said, "If ya wanna fly thru Jawja boy, ya gotta pay the airfare." I paid that fine so fast it'd make yer head spin...and then, promptly got the hell outta town.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:02 PM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"If ya wanna fly thru Jawja boy, ya gotta pay the airfare."

that's some funny **** right there!

Old 05-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TequilaJohn
We just rode thru there...and, if'n I had stuck to the posted speed limit in that work zone, we'd been run smack over in a skinny minute. The closer ya get to Atlanta...the crazier folks get.

I was stopped for speedin thru GA down 'round Americus a long time ago. The officer had me follow him in to town to see the magistrate for my fine. The magistrate looked thru a chart he had, and then told me the amount of my fine. I don't remember the amount now, but I DO remember it bein ridiculously high. When I responded with, "Holy cow...that can't be right?!"...the magistrate just leaned over the bench a little and said, "If ya wanna fly thru Jawja boy, ya gotta pay the airfare." I paid that fine so fast it'd make yer head spin...and then, promptly got the hell outta town.
Did he have a little dip between his cheek & gum(ala the Sheriff in "Smokey & The Bandit")??

Old 05-08-2009, 07:15 AM
pastorralph
Road Captain
Talking You know he did....

Originally Posted by Unome
Did he have a little dip between his cheek & gum(ala the Sheriff in "Smokey & The Bandit")??
I'm over in Alabama just over from there; you know he did. And as for that stretch near Hogansville and on into Newnan, you better speed up or get off the interstate. You will be run slap over! I'm originally from Georgia. The state doesn't need a lottery, just cut the Atlanta area road projects in half and you can send the entire state to college!

Old 05-08-2009, 09:23 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by midnight2005
"If ya wanna fly thru Jawja boy, ya gotta pay the airfare."

that's some funny **** right there!
Yeah...funny now...not so much at the time. I was fairly young at the time...and, definitely didn't wanna push things far enuf to hear his next punch line.