Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Robbinsville, NC

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Grousehunter
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Robbinsville, NC

I have planned a trip for 8 bikes to the Robbinsville/Deals Gap area from Michigan. We are leaving in a couple weeks. I booked one night at the Two Wheel Inn in Robbinsville, NC. As I am fine tuning stops along the way - gas and food - I am afraid I screwed up with that reservation. Neither Streets and Trips nor Mapsource are showing anywhere to eat, have beer or get gas in Robbinsville. When I booked the rooms I figured there had to be places there it is a town afterall. Am I in trouble with my crew??? TIA

Old 05-01-2009, 05:57 PM
roadking1893
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's several place to eat there, one in particular is a Mexican Restaurant next to the Harley shop and across the street there's a Mom and Pop Restaurant and definitely plenty of gas these are off the 129 as you hit the center of the town. Have you google Deals Gap?

Old 05-01-2009, 09:30 PM
tnharley7
Road Captain

Robbinsville isn't a big town, but there is plenty of gas and several places to eat, both mom and pop, pizza joints, and the fast food Wendy's. Enjoy your trip and the great riding in this area. Send me an email at tnharley@comcast.net and I will send you a summary of all the motorcycle only campgrounds in the area. Jerry

Old 05-01-2009, 09:32 PM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Robbinsville is in Graham county. It is a dry county. You'll have to buy your beer or liquor outside Graham county and bring it in. That's why my wife and I are staying in Maggie Valley.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:30 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a beatup looking BBQ joint in Robbinsville that was featured on the Food channels Diners and Dives program. Looks like a dump...but good BBQ...and reasonable prices.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:26 AM
FLHX08
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I stayed at the Two Wheel Inn and liked it very much. There's many places to eat there and the Sweetwater BBQ restaurant in town was very good. I'm not sure about the drinking thing as I don't drink anymore so that wasn't a concern of mine. while riding in the area do the loop of the Cherohala Skyway and the Tail of the Dragon. great riding! try using google maps, type in food, the city and state to get results.

Be safe and ride sober.

Last edited by FLHX08; 05-02-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:34 AM
JacksPilot
Cruiser
Talking The Cops

Watch your speed ! The COPs in that area are not fooling around anymore. Its ticket time if if are caught speeding.There is a U-Tube warning that I think also says the get your bike. Deals Gap isn't all that great either. There is a Very good motorcycle museum in Waynesville call Wheels Through Time. If you miss this place you are missing a great time. You can also stay in Maggie Valley, right next to the museum. and the Smokey Falls Lodge, a motorcycle friendly place. Very nice also. We are planning a trip in July from Seattle to Back to Dalls NC. Have fun. Jack

Old 05-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Grousehunter
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Thanks All

Breathing easier now. Thought I had done my homework but............

Old 05-02-2009, 10:36 AM
k9charlie55
Advanced
Thumbs up Tail of the Dragon

Just got back from there 04/28-30, we didnt stay in robbinsville we opted for asheville and rode the parkway to cherokee then took us19 to nc28. basically every road in the smokies is fun IMHO. You can go to www.killboy.com and get pics of your dragon ride and www.tailofthedragon.com for plenty of info on the area. Most importantly have fun and ride!!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 11:04 AM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Lots of gas and food in Robbinsville, the Cherohalla Skyway is great, my wife and I liked it better than that section of the Blue Ridge Parkway, much less traffic. It starts in Robbinsville and runs over into Tennessee. The Blue Boar Inn on the Cherolla is a great little B&B has great breakfast and dinner but is a little pricey, but a nice place for a special treat. The road up the inn is very rough and rutted, at least it was a couple of years ago, it may be worth calling to see if it is fixed if you plan to stay there. Deals Gap....well just so so..lots of traffic, watch out for the crotch rockets and cops.

Last edited by harleyflyboy; 05-02-2009 at 11:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Robbinsville, NC