Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Tennessee Cabins Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 05:14 AM
myxcape
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tennessee Cabins Question

We're planning a trip to Tennessee to do some riding in June. We want to rent a cabin in the mountains close to Gatlinburg, but most importantly want a really nice place with great views. Last time we visited Tenn we stayed in Dandridge in a B&B and it didn't work out at all, small rooms, not much parking, etc. If anyone has any suggestion it would be appreciated.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:12 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey we spent a week down there last may with the kids and had a great time we rented a cabin from alpine chalet rented 5 days got two for free cost around $750 it over looked the town of gatlinburg and the mountians and we had no issue. Cabin was nice and clean had washer and dryer. The road up to the cabin is steap and twistie but nice view at the top of the town and mountians in the morning. Had hot tube on the deck. Here is a link to the place and the cabin we rented.
http://www.alpinechaletrentals.com/v...opertyID=19587

Old 04-27-2009, 05:56 PM
myxcape
Cruiser

Thank you!

Old 04-27-2009, 06:38 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,346 Likes on 8,410 Posts

May I receymend timber Top Cabins!! Their super nice. My X worked for them awhile back and we stayed in them for free. Bring your credit card...............

http://www.yourcabin.com/

Old 04-27-2009, 06:41 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,346 Likes on 8,410 Posts

Oh, forgot........Don't rent the one with the pool table, because we "did it" on the pool table!!! BHAhahahahahahaha

Old 04-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Matty64
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JW1200
May I receymend timber Top Cabins!! Their super nice. My X worked for them awhile back and we stayed in them for free. Bring your credit card...............

http://www.yourcabin.com/
+1 on timbertops we rented one a couple years ago great view, hot tub on the deck, and is that what was on the pool table

Old 04-27-2009, 09:32 PM
mountian man
Cruiser

Are the roads to these cabins your talking about motorcycle friendly ?Gravel, paved ,steep how are the entry drive.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:47 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The cabin i was talking about the road is paved and you can ride a scoot up it but be careful as it has alot of sharp cut backs and the road is very steap all the way up and all the way back down.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:28 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've rented cabins in the mountains around Gatlinburg twice now - the most recent was over spring break a couple weeks ago from Jackson Mountain Rentals. Both were great experiences, but there are literally dozens of rental oufits to go with and about a zillion different cabins to rent. All it takes is an hour or two on Google and a couple phone calls to find just the right one for you.

I have to say though that I wouldn't have ridden my bike up to either one of those cabins - pretty hairy to say the least. Just ask a lot of questions of the rental company including road condition/type questions. My last cabin had a section of one lane gravel road for the last 1/2 mile that was being utilized as a two-way road! Not too much fun backing up around hairpin curves with a steep dropoff to one side to try and make room.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:58 AM
myxcape
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CaptJIM
I've rented cabins in the mountains around Gatlinburg twice now - the most recent was over spring break a couple weeks ago from Jackson Mountain Rentals. Both were great experiences, but there are literally dozens of rental oufits to go with and about a zillion different cabins to rent. All it takes is an hour or two on Google and a couple phone calls to find just the right one for you.

I have to say though that I wouldn't have ridden my bike up to either one of those cabins - pretty hairy to say the least. Just ask a lot of questions of the rental company including road condition/type questions. My last cabin had a section of one lane gravel road for the last 1/2 mile that was being utilized as a two-way road! Not too much fun backing up around hairpin curves with a steep dropoff to one side to try and make room.
We did find a place we're pretty sure we're going to go with and that was one of my questions regarding the roads in and out of the resort. They assured me they are all paved and won't be a problem. My wife is just about done with her breast cancer treatments but still not ready for any really long rides so we're trailing to Tennesse. I also inquired about enough room for a trailer right by our cabin because I'll use it as a garage when it's not doing the twisties.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

I'll let you know how everything went when we return.

Quick Reply: Tennessee Cabins Question