Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

National HOG Rally, Oklahoma City June 26th - 27th, 2009

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 08:29 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flakdog
I really like bricktown, last time I was in town went to a place called "The Biting Sow" and heard a guy called Doc Blues. It was a lot of fun. Don't worry about the tornadoes, but if you see me running, try to stay up! lol
FD
Let me guess, you'll be the one in the Harley shirt.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:37 PM
ky_ace
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to know who's going to be at the Wormy Dog on Friday and Saturday... and who's performing at the HOG rally. We need to have an HDForums meet one night. I'll be stopping in Eureka Springs on Wed. night and staying in Wellston Thurs, Fri, and Sat night. while attending the rally. Who's up for a Meet-N-Greet??

Old 04-28-2009, 09:47 PM
E.Richardson
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ky_ace
I just want to know who's going to be at the Wormy Dog on Friday and Saturday... and who's performing at the HOG rally. We need to have an HDForums meet one night. I'll be stopping in Eureka Springs on Wed. night and staying in Wellston Thurs, Fri, and Sat night. while attending the rally. Who's up for a Meet-N-Greet??
I think a meet and greet would be great! I haven't heard anything on who's performing for the HOG rally but I would definitely be down to meet up at the Worm.

There's great places where we could meet up but a couple of places that come to mind. There's the Hooter's on NW Expressway (sits in the parking lot adjacent to a hotel so lots of parking), Baker's Street on Memorial Road in Oklahoma City... or hell, if we wanted we could have members over to Kim and I's home. The great thing about it is I live in a great neighborhood with lots of Harley owners so they'll be used to the sound and fun.

However, I can't see everyone wanting to break off from the downtown fun to hang out in the suburb's on a Friday or Saturday night -- LOL.

Downtown places to meet:

- Bricktown Brewery
- Drinkz
- Maker's Cigar Bar (this would be the best one)
- Chileno's (this would be a good one as well)

The cigar bar is the best place I think but that's me.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by E.Richardson
The cigar bar is the best place I think but that's me.
It was for me...

Old 05-31-2009, 06:56 PM
E.Richardson
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was getting a new tattoo today and started talking to my artist about the upcoming rally at the end of the month. He wasn't aware of it but said that his shop needed to do some advertising for the rally. He did mention that they typically do a free tattoo giveaway raffle for larger shows like this. Anyway, the place that I do all of my ink is a great place called "Altered Images Tattoo" (click on the Oklahoma City location) on North May and Memorial -- if you're planning on getting ink while you're here, I would highly recommend them.

Oh, on a side note -- if you're planning on getting a tattoo on your ribs... DON'T!! Holy mother of God did that sh*t hurt! Any one of the artists that you talk to is very professional and they run a great shop. Their number locally is (405) 751-7060 - Appointments are handy and tell them "Eric" from the Harley Davidson Forum recommended you... never know, it might save you a few bucks!