Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Fly & Ride Las Vegas January 2009

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Bodyshot1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now that looks awesome!!..thanks for sharing...

Old 02-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Softail Girl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ironheaddave
Hey, Where did you guys stay in Death Valley? I stayed at the campground down the mountain from Death Valley Ranch when I was there.
First thing first: I'm a newbie at this travelling business on a bike and there is no way I could have packed my camping gear on my rental bike after flying for 6 hours! And I'm a woman too: I like my comfort after a long riding day i.e. restaurants and hottubs .

So to answer your question, we stayed in Lone Pine the first night and Beatty the second night. We should have stopped in Stove Pipe Wells for the night but the sun was setting when we drove through it and the scenery was so amazing, I wasn't ready to call it a day! We pushed it a little too much that day and we arrived in Lone Pine quite late. Tip: if you see a gas station, fill up! Even if you don't need it.

I might try camping this summer but I will start slowly with an overnight trip.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Softail Girl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joe.1955
Hi Linda, I agree it was great meeting up with you and Perry. It was like old friends getting together.

You'll have to come back to Arizona when it's warmer and we can show you some really great (twisty) roads and scenery in the high country, including Prescott, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, Jerome, Flagstaff, Show Low and (my personal favorite) the Coronado Trail. - Had to give you some locations so you'll have something to look up while you're snowed in there.

We'll get you some more practice with the helmet off, at lower speeds this time.

Give us a week or two and we'll convince you to move here.
If I wasn't chained to my IV at the hospital, it would be a done deal already! I told my youngest daughter to be ready to move out after high school so I can sell the house and ride all year-round. She's not happy about that but that's life. I'll look at those destinations and dream... since it's all I can do right now with the snow outside. Thanks!

Old 02-13-2009, 04:34 PM
ironheaddave
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hear you on the camping.

I stayed in motels at work for so many years that I am tired of them. I just stay in my camper now when I'm at work.

When I go on a bike trip I usually camp about half the time or more and motel the rest. Never know how you will like it. I think it's great.