Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Miami to Key West

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 09:56 AM
03harleyrider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corcon
I just got back from the Miami to Key west ride.It takes all day to do it comfortable.Make sure you get down early enough to go see the sunset at the square.As far as rooms we just played on the internet searching room rates.You'll love the ride.
did you stop alot i was thinking it was only around 100 miles from miami to key west

Old 01-20-2009, 06:49 AM
corcon
Advanced

Miami traffic is insane!!! We took a slow pace and took pics along the way,but most of the pics were while riding.We took card sound rd. and stopped for lunch just before going through the toles on the right.Great food and people.Having a brain fart about the name but you can't miss it.Plan on all day to get there but it's worth every minute.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:04 AM
06flstf
Tourer

We trailered our bikes to Islemorado then rode down to KW. Next time we are considering flying into Miami and renting bikes for the ride down to the keys. No problem making the ride in one day.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:19 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 01-20-2009, 01:46 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Miami traffic is insane!!! We took a slow pace and took pics along the way,but most of the pics were while riding.We took card sound rd. and stopped for lunch just before going through the toles on the right.Great food and people.Having a brain fart about the name but you can't miss it.Plan on all day to get there but it's worth every minute.
Alabama Jacks is the place just before the toll on Card Sound Rd.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:55 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member

Alabama Jacks is the place just before the toll on Card Sound Rd. (Whooops double post)

Old 01-20-2009, 05:04 PM
The_Hammer
Novice

I stay at "Venture Out" in Cudjoe Key:

http://www.ventureout.org/

Old 01-20-2009, 05:57 PM
rsavage
Tourer

In season ( which February is) I don't think there are too many deals on rooms. I stay at the KOA campground on Sugarloaf key which is about 20 miles from Key West. Even Camping is about $100 a night for my truck camper. I can't wait to get back there this year. I'm from the cold Northeast, so it's a real treat to be riding in a tee shirt at 11 at night in early March. You'll love it.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:24 PM
03harleyrider
Advanced

cant wait to get there cold as hell here in north alabama counting the days down till feb 25 when we get there we are trailering our bikes to daytona riding to miami the first day and then to the keys the next planning on riding from key west all the way back to daytona on that sat have anyone done that and about how long does it take

Old 01-20-2009, 08:33 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 03harleyrider
cant wait to get there cold as hell here in north alabama counting the days down till feb 25 when we get there we are trailering our bikes to daytona riding to miami the first day and then to the keys the next planning on riding from key west all the way back to daytona on that sat have anyone done that and about how long does it take
It'll all depend on your route and your stops, but I'd figure on it taking most of the day. I'm 300 miles from Key West and with limited stops the last time from Key West to my house took 6 hrs.

Quick Reply: Miami to Key West