Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Our standing on the corner tour this past spring

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008 | 08:34 PM
DRAFT1
|
Tourer
Talking Our standing on the corner tour this past spring

Wanted to share a compiled clip of 3500 mile, 10 day trip my brother and our wives shared this past spring. Notice that this was pre-harley for me. I enjoyed looking at that HD of my brothers all those miles that I bought me a big'ol nasty, ugly a$$ Road Glide when we got back. Hope you enjoy this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPLawlk8xLw

Old 12-02-2008 | 09:01 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master

Very nice! Looks like you all had an awesome time. Congrats on the sweet new ride.

Old 12-03-2008 | 09:43 AM
FLHTCUI05
Tourer

Looks like a great trip. Hope I can do it someday. If I have any money left in my 401K!!!

Old 12-03-2008 | 10:45 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

Looks like one great trip and memory, What did you use to put the pictures together into a vid with the music id like to do that with some that i have from taking the kids on vacation

Old 12-03-2008 | 12:39 PM
DRAFT1
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
Looks like one great trip and memory, What did you use to put the pictures together into a vid with the music id like to do that with some that i have from taking the kids on vacation
O'skully,
I used a free downloadable program off of the microsoft windows site called "Photo Story 3". It is very simple to use. We started putting all of our vacations on this thing because we would never look at our pictures after returning. Now I go on vacation over and over again! The original photo set that I made for this trip was over 20 minutes long, and could not be loaded onto Youtube, so I condensed it for viewing. Hope this helps.

Old 12-03-2008 | 07:40 PM
Lucky_one2
Tourer

Always wanted to stand on the corner in Winslow AZ... excellent slideshow!

Old 12-03-2008 | 10:57 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

thanks ill check that out.

Old 12-04-2008 | 06:53 PM
HDHoosier
Tourer

Outstanding pics! Thanks, looks like a trip of a lifetime.

Old 12-04-2008 | 07:12 PM
Moonrider
Road Master

Something I have always dreamed of doing. Been to the Grand Canyon in a cage, someday, hopfully, on my scoot. Great pics and presentation. How may miles did you avg. a day?

Old 12-05-2008 | 07:40 AM
DRAFT1
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Moonrider
Something I have always dreamed of doing. Been to the Grand Canyon in a cage, someday, hopfully, on my scoot. Great pics and presentation. How may miles did you avg. a day?
First of all, thanks for all the positive replies. Wish I could have gotten the long version on Youtube (lots more pictures)

We done two 700+ miles, back to back, on the way out. Left Jackson MS on a Saturday morning and was setting in Tombstone Sunday afternoon.Believe or not the wives were not complaining. They were real troopers. From there we trickled all the way up to the Grand Canyon. Highlights of the trip was the area going over the mountains into Jerome and then across to Sedona. From Sedona we took the Oak Creek Canyon road up to Flagstaff and then up to the Grand Canyon. We also headed west on 40 toward Kingsman. Arizona is a beutiful State with lots more to see than what we did. We done about 500 mile plus days on the way back. Total of10 days, 2 days out there, 5 days of exploring and 3 days back. We are eager to go back but maybe sqeeze in a full 2 weeks. Also, we just couldn't pass up the standing on the corner in Winslow Arizona on a trip like this.

Quick Reply: Our standing on the corner tour this past spring