Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

florida keys

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:40 AM
06flstf
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hampton inn on Islemorada has a gas station next door that will let you park your trailer in their fenced lot. We stayed there one night and paid to have the trailer in the fence and the truck in the lot while we rode down to Key West.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:15 PM
ALJ313
Stage IV

All good suggestions and advice - on your way back if you have time cross the glades to Naples, Fl. very nice area over there too.

AJ

Old 11-20-2008, 01:24 AM
sniper uk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

riding down the florida keys is one of many places we would love to ride too....

Old 11-20-2008, 01:33 AM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ALJ313
All good suggestions and advice - on your way back if you have time cross the glades to Naples, Fl. very nice area over there too.

AJ
Do it during the day.
The Tamiami trail is not a fun place to fix a flat tire at night.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Coolest beach I found when I was there 3 weeks ago was Verterans Beach on Little Duck Key just at the end of 7 mile bridge on your left going south.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:41 AM
Haulen Ass
Former Sponsor
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Here's a few pics from the trip
Some bridge at Buya Honda Beach

Sunset from our condo

Key West... I'm on the left

Old 11-20-2008, 01:50 PM
corcon
Advanced

Me and 2 friends are going down jan 10.Trailering down from Ontario Canada and leaveing the bike in Orlando.We called a U haul mini storage place and they will let us park truck and trailer in a fenced storage spot.Cheap.We are planning on spending 2 days in Key west area.I'm glad everybody says it's so great.Go 7" of snow here yesterday.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:11 PM
dalv
Intermediate

A+ to the previous suggestions. We just returned from a trip I wrote about in the Touring Section - "The Keys!!" if you do a search. I got a lot of help from the guys on this forum before leaving and posted pics when we got back.
Hemingway House was cool if your into "Papa" - I love to fish so I went out sailfishing with the guys that own the KW Bait & Tackle down on the wharf, great time.

One helpful tip we got from a store owner is there are reserved motorcycle and scooter parking areas just off Duval on the side streets - not all of them but quite a few. If it's busy, ride up and down these side streets and keep an eye out for the spaces - no fee!

Lazy Days restaurant on the way down - Islemora, I think is real good chow. And the Card Sound road and Alabama Jacks is a must do!

We rode from Orlando - rented bike from the Historic Dealership - they pick up at the airport and drop off when you return. Might consider that option - nonstop flight on Southwest from Albany NY <3 hrs and we were there. $900 for the week/unlimited mileage for a new Ultra. Great guys at the dealership - would save you a long drive.

Then to West Palm - overnight, down to the Keys for 3 nites - up across Rt 41 (alligator alley) to Naples which is real nice, up thru Ft Meyers and spent the nite at Punta Gorda. Final day ride to Orlando and flew home - great time.

Enjoy your trip and ride safe

Old 12-27-2008, 01:02 PM
voodoochild
Cruiser

I've been to kw twice now and love how laid back the place is. Perfect party spot. Only thing is how expensive it is to stay there. Even campgrounds go for like 45 bucks a night. (guess i'm just cheap).
The only place i found to stay for under 100 a night is the seashell motel. Not fancy at all, just a place to crash for the night and shower in the mornin.
Anyone else find any rooms in kw for 100 or less?????
cheers

Old 01-01-2009, 09:12 PM
bambamblazer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We stayed at the Southernmost Hotel, it is at the south end of Duval st. It was Right at $109 a night, and was a fairly nice room. This is the only hotel i have ever been to that has a dedicated place to wash motorcycles!!! They even supply the bucket the soap and the rags!!!

Quick Reply: florida keys