Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Alaska Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 02:16 AM
jackhammer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alaska Anyone?

Hey WgSkee, I just had a quick look at that link and I read it a couple of days ago. Real good story. I can't believe a guy that size rode a sportster from Chicago to Alaska ans back. Hats off to him. Now thats a trip.

Old 03-20-2006, 03:05 AM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: WgSkee

Jackhammer.. Don't know if you have time for reading... If you do check out this story... This guy did a diary on his Iron Butt trip to Alaska...
Someday I'd like to do it myself.... Have a great ride and send pic's..
Looked at it, some good photos, but too much drama about bears. They ain't that big of a deal. Seemed as if he was intentionally looking for roads that would give him trouble. There are places you can drop a D-9 Cat and have it disappear.

When did he do the IronButt? On the way back?

Old 03-20-2006, 06:38 PM
WgSkee
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about the screw up.. I gave the wrong info on that site.. not Iron Butt ride mixed it up with another story I read... The Iron Butt one was about a Goldwinger riding up there...
(a retired cop rode that one)... the one I sent out still gets my blood goin'... Hope your kid is feeling better... AK_Hog_Herder, must be nice livin' God's country... I'm originally from NH now livin' in Florida, miss the mountain ridin'... but.. not the snow.... for sure.....

Old 03-20-2006, 09:13 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: WgSkee

Sorry about the screw up.. I gave the wrong info on that site.. not Iron Butt ride mixed it up with another story I read... The Iron Butt one was about a Goldwinger riding up there...
(a retired cop rode that one)... the one I sent out still gets my blood goin'... Hope your kid is feeling better... AK_Hog_Herder, must be nice livin' God's country... I'm originally from NH now livin' in Florida, miss the mountain ridin'... but.. not the snow.... for sure.....
Some days there is no place better, but not right now. We just got 4 or 5 inches of fresh snow. Global warming my hind end !!!!

The link you posted gives a good read and it would be a great long distance ride, but I would take it with a huge grain of salt.