Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Need info- devils triangle

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:48 AM
MR. SCOOTINN
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need info- devils triangle

Hey all heading to the dragon may 16-19...i will be staying at the iron horse..i plan on doing the dragon & cherohala skyway ..& some of the falls in tn..in one day... & the devils triangle the second day & i was woundering what other roads you all have traveled in this are the would fill up my second day........i will be takeing 28 through frankllin back home to ga....thanks..

Old 04-14-2008, 02:13 PM
jedsporty883
Tourer
Default RE: Need info- devils triangle

Are you going to Bald River Falls? It is just off the Cherohala on the Tellico side. Another nice ride is along the Ocoee River on U.S.64. Easy to get to from Tellico Plains. The Tellico-Reliance Rd. runs south from State Road 39 to State Road 30 at Reliance. 30 goes through the National Forest to end at U.S.64. Take 64 east to State Road 68 and the town of Copperhill. The only thing wrong with going along the river is that it distracts you from watching the road. The area around Reliance is scenic. The Hiwassee River is a much quieter river than the Ocoee is.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:12 PM
MR. SCOOTINN
Tourer

yea those are the falls..i am referring to..thanks

Old 04-14-2008, 07:13 PM
MR. SCOOTINN
Tourer

but i will check the other roads..out...how long of ride is it along the river?

Old 04-14-2008, 11:13 PM
SoALposer
Tourer

About any road you choose in that area is beautiful, go slow and enjoy the scenery. Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:59 PM
supernova
Cruiser

I love that area and hope to get out there this year.

Old 04-30-2008, 06:33 PM
LarryInEastTn
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: MR. SCOOTINN

what other roads you all have traveled in this are the would fill up my second day
While going to the Devils Triangle off of TN 116, be sure to stop in front of Brushy Mountain State Prison for a photo op in front of the main sign. Pull right up on the grass, I've done it many times. The prison used to house James Earl Ray, and is scheduled to close sometime next year. It's over 100 years old.

Norris Damn just outside of Lake City TN on US 441

Hwy 68 South from Tellico Plains toward Ducktown.

TN 58 South from Kingston towards Chattanooga

US 27 North from Chatt. all the way to Pine Knot KY, divert to TN 52 to historic Rugby TN, and eat @ the Harrow Rd Cafe.

From Pine Knot East on KY 92, before KY finishes ruining it by widening to 4 lanes
US 127 North from Chatt.

US 70 West from Knoxville towards Crossville (with a stop just West of Rockwood at Ozone falls, 100yrds from the hwy)

US 25/70 from Knoxville to Del Rio stopping @ The Bobarosa Biker Bar/campground, and then on East to Hot Spring NC for a stop at the Paddlers Pub. From Hot Springs go SE on NC 209 back to I 40 and enjoy the switch backs, & the small towns of Trust, and Luck NC.

TN 131 from Knoxville towards Sneedville (also TN 31 or 33 or 66 from around Sneedville)

US 25E from Morristown to Middlesboro KY, be sure to stop at the top (just outside of Bean Station TN) & see the Grainger Co War Memorial, and have a piece of vinager pie next door.

From Middlesboro KY East on US 58 to Gate City, or the Natural Tunnel State Park.

From Middlesboro West on KY74 to TN 90 to US 25W, or I-75

The backbone rock near Elizabethton TN

Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol TN/VA

US 421 from Bristol through Shady Valley, and Mountain City TN, to Boone NC

I guess you get the idea, there aren't many roads around here that suck. Mostly the superslabs, and anything real close to downtown Knoxville. Heads up I-40 will be closed through Knoxville starting May 1st, for 14 months. All traffic will be diverted to the bypass, which we can only hope will handle it all....doubtful.

http://www.tdot.state.tn.us/smartfix/jwp/i40faq.asp

I hope this helped. If you use MS Streets & Trips, and google,you should be able to find all of these roads, and plenty more to keep you busy. Post back & let me know which ones you rode, and enjoyed the most.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Mikey 1450
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Check out Joyce Kilmers memorial forest just off the Cherohala skyway. Biggest trees you will ever see east of California