Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Key West trip report

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:44 AM
I am Jerry
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key West trip report

My buddy with a motorhome took our bikes with him and went to Lakeland, FL. I flew down on Thursday 2/21/08 and spent the first night there. Friday morning we got up, loaded the bikes and took the back roads down through Alligator Alley (Everglades National Park), winding up in Key Largo for two nights. It was just getting dark when we got there so just a quick shower, dinner and off to the Caribbean Club (they boast that some of the movie “Key Largo” with Humphrey Bogart was shot there).

Seeing as how Miami’s South Beach was less than a hundred miles away, we couldn’t resist spending a Saturday day there. That is one nice place to be if you like to look at the beautiful people. BTW, the temperature record was broken at 90 degrees that day. That ain’t bad for late February is it?

Then it was back to the motel to witness a beautiful sunset. Out to dinner and back to the Caribbean Club.

On Sunday we loaded up the bikes and headed on down the Keys to Key West. Of course we had to stop at No Name Pub on the way. One of those pesky Key deer darted across in front of us but we were only about 25MPH and didn’t get a scare out of it.

And there was the 7 mile bridge to get across.

We hit Key West Sunday afternoon and parked the bikes and didn’t move them until we loaded up to come back up hwy. 1.

[size=3][font="times new roman"]There was lots of partying for the next 3 days that I

Old 03-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Recycler
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Key West trip report

One jealous bastard here.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:31 PM
redhwk44
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make that 2 Recycler!

Old 03-06-2008, 05:10 PM
LakeDude
Advanced

A great time it was Im his Buddy

Old 03-08-2008, 05:46 AM
flibuoy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Great photos.....I wonder if you avoid gator bites like you do dog bites when chased?

Old 03-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Bldr1000
Cruiser

We left Birmingham, Friday Feb 29th ,took one day bike ride to Daytona Beach,Spent Sat, Sun and Monday in Daytona. Tuesday we rode bikes down to Ft. Lauderdale (250 miles). Wives flew in on Tuesday, spent the night in Condo, Wed morning loaded bikes and 4 couplesrode to Key West. Spent wed afternoon and night, then thursday and thursday night in Key West, Great Fun. Left Friday Morning drove bikes back to Ft. Lauderdale 187 miles. Loaded five bikes in large trailer pulled by motorhome and drove back to Daytona (250 miles)Friday night unloaded bikes and drove back over to beach for two more days and nights. Sunday morning we loaded bikes back into trailer, 4 couples motorhomed back to Birmingham. Bldr

Old 03-14-2008, 07:28 AM
I am Jerry
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Bldr1000

We left Birmingham, Friday Feb 29th ,took one day bike ride to Daytona Beach,Spent Sat, Sun and Monday in Daytona. Tuesday we rode bikes down to Ft. Lauderdale (250 miles). Wives flew in on Tuesday, spent the night in Condo, Wed morning loaded bikes and 4 couplesrode to Key West. Spent wed afternoon and night, then thursday and thursday night in Key West, Great Fun. Left Friday Morning drove bikes back to Ft. Lauderdale 187 miles. Loaded five bikes in large trailer pulled by motorhome and drove back to Daytona (250 miles)Friday night unloaded bikes and drove back over to beach for two more days and nights. Sunday morning we loaded bikes back into trailer, 4 couples motorhomed back to Birmingham. Bldr
Sounds like a great trip. I bet you're as tired as we were. But I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Old 03-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Afishinado
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for sharing. Towingmy bike to Largo (from Stuart) on Easter, the GF and her daughter are doinga diving class & trip at Pennekamp on Monday, they'll be busy 8:30am-5:30pm Meanwhile, I will be taking a little ride downto Duval Street Only one day, all by my lonesome, but I will survive