Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Heated Vest - Who uses them?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Buster747
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Heated Vest - Who uses them?

Thank you guys for all the feed back, it certainly is nice to have a place where one can go, ask almost any question and get good, honest and sincere answers.

I know more now about heated vests than I ever thoght I'd know
You guys are the best.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:00 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chappy, how do the size run when ordering the jacket liner and gloves. From Gerbing's web site their chart show a medium size glove for my hand measurement but I normally wear a LG summer glove (non lined) and an XL lined winter glove.

Old 03-03-2008, 08:12 AM
chappy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Indyrider,
My jacket heated liner is an X large, same as I would take as a regular light weight jacket.
I did try it on though.
Myheatedgloves are the liners and theyare large andd fit very well under my x-large waterproof gloves. butI tried them on first to make sure.
My heavy weight leather gloves are x-large and I don't think my heated liners would fit very well, but I never have tried.

If you check out the sizes of Harley heated jacket liner and gloves,
they are probably the same size to label as the gerbing, since Gerbing is who makes Harley heated gear.
With gloves, the only time I've had a hard time getting sizes to match reality is the leather gloves at swap meets. They tend to run on the small side.

Not much help,
good luck
chappy

ORIGINAL: IndyRider

Chappy, how do the size run when ordering the jacket liner and gloves. From Gerbing's web site their chart show a medium size glove for my hand measurement but I normally wear a LG summer glove (non lined) and an XL lined winter glove.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:13 AM
US Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the update on the glove liners, hadn't seen them before. I just checked them out on Gerbings web site, currently sold out, but before next winter. I had an aerostitch heated vest a few years back, very good product but I still managed to get cold. Switched to a Gerbings jacket liner and gloves, love them. Also Gerbings warrantees their heating elements for life.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:53 PM
edilgdaor
Banned
Received 6,612 Likes on 3,880 Posts

I bought a heated vest from Gerbing. I turned it on once- the day I got it. It was too warm, and now I just use it for a wiring harness for my gloves.

I just sent an HD-branded glove back to Gerbing because it quit working just after the HD warranty expired. I just got a brand new pair in the mail from Gerbing to replace the bad glove I sent them.

I am now a satisfied Gerbing customer for life. I wish every company knew the value of good customer service.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heated vest here. Can't believe I went so long without one. The deciding factor was a 6-hour ride home from Sudbury when it was 2 degrees. It's always in the saddlebag.

Cannon

Old 03-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 389 Likes on 219 Posts

ORIGINAL: allikanbe

Heated jacket liner from www.gerbing.com a heated vest makes for cold arms.
i also have heated gloves and socks. gerbing makes the HD heated gear. HD adds about $30 to the glove price.
Ditto here. The Gerbling jacket liner is so thin and it packs the size of a nurf football. Yet it keeps your upper torso including tour arms and neck toasty. Get the adjustable controller.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:03 AM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

Use a thermostat and you won't have this problem. If you're using the liner and gloves, you will want the duel controler. Gloves always need to be turned up higher than Jacket.
ORIGINAL: edilgdaor

I bought a heated vest from Gerbing. I turned it on once- the day I got it. It was too warm, and now I just use it for a wiring harness for my gloves.

I just sent an HD-branded glove back to Gerbing because it quit working just after the HD warranty expired. I just got a brand new pair in the mail from Gerbing to replace the bad glove I sent them.

I am now a satisfied Gerbing customer for life. I wish every company knew the value of good customer service.