Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Dragon's Tail at Deal's Gap

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 10:33 PM
kman42oo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dragon's Tail at Deal's Gap

i live not to far from there.. you could stay at the top of the dragon, a motorcycle resort called deal's gap ... a place for bikes only...

Old 03-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Retired_Ted
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's great camping at the bottom of the road. Did the drive 2 summers ago and the guys tell us there's a wreck about every day during the summer - the tree of shame tells it all.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:23 PM
recross
Tourer

DEAL'S GAP BEST TIME FOR NEW RIDERS.. TEUS-THURS.. BEST TIMES FOR CHECKING OUT SPORTS RIDERS FRI-SUN.. WATCH MIRRORS & FLAG THEM ON.. PULL-0UTS GOOD PLACES BETWEEN CORNERS TO WATCH THE SHOW... CHECK-OUT WAHYA RD.. FOOTHILLS PRKWY.. MANY MORE GREAT ROADS IN THIS AREA.. HEADS UP & ENJOY................

Old 05-06-2005, 06:22 PM
AceArt
Road Warrior

Hey recross, Glad to have you on the forum and looking forward to getting to know you better. Would you consider one thing, please? Turn off the caps. It's considered "shouting" on the internet, some consider it rude and some, like me, it just kinda drives crazy. Thanks, Art

Old 05-06-2005, 06:32 PM
recross
Tourer

sorry bud.. not too familiar with this type of communication.. thank's for the info......

Old 05-06-2005, 07:09 PM
AceArt
Road Warrior

No problem, we're just glad to have you here. Keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down! Art

Old 05-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Wolf
Road Captain

Well, my Sweetie and I have hit 70mph in two places on the Dragon in our Miata. Wouldn't even consider doing it on a Harley. So, I guess we kicked ***.

ORIGINAL: PhatHarley4Me

Yep...that is a must go spot for bikers and sport car enthusiast. If you travel over 40 MPH at any point on the GAP, you're kicking A$$......It's that tight. During my 2nd trip there (By car), my friends car broke a timing chain and had to get a flat bed....Yeah...a 4hr wait! Anyway, the tow truck driver told us that they (County) built a helicopter pad in the mountain mainly to get those who did not quite beat the dragon out. They average during their open season at least 1 fatality every other month and guaranteed a serious accident monthly. The crazy thing about the roads is, it will probably be one of the best paved roads you will ever ride on.

(Hahahaha) on the way back down, following the tow truck, I could NOT keep up with the good 'ole local boy and that is with him carrying a car on the flat bed and me and my friend in my car. He was killing it!