Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

need ride ideas NC/SC/TN

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:19 AM
ultraultra
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need ride ideas NC/SC/TN

I'm looking for some NEW ride ideas within 150 miles of Hickory NC. Trying to limit it to 150 miles out, so it can be a day trip. Looking for roads or destinations. Little out of the way stops that are unique. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:41 PM
JBA111
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need ride ideas NC/SC/TN

Hay JR, just head west on I40 and get off on the first exit you come to and take a left or a right and ride!! next week go one exit further and take a left or a right and ride. n The next week go one exit further and take a left or a right and ride! Do you kinda get the ideal?
From Hickory to Nashville TN there are miles and miles and miles of great roads. Yesterday I spent the day rideing arround 50miles of the cumberland gap area.Rode a dozen or so lil state roads that weren't even on my Harley Map or my 6$ Tennessee map.
But if ya got to have a destination ride the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way to the VA border then ride it back to Cherokee. and every exit off of that has great roads to ride!

Old 10-02-2007, 09:35 PM
NCP
Intermediate

Just got back from a great ride in that area. We left Greenville, South Carolina and headed thru Asheville, NC where we got on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Went up Mt. Mitchell and ate at the resturant right near the summit, checked out the view at the top, then back to the parkway. On up past the VA state line where we turned back on Hwy 52 and went into Mt. Airy. Staying at the Mayberry Motor Inn, eating and the "Snappy Diner" and visiting "Floyd's Barber Shop" made this a fun stop. Then on up Squirrel Spur to the Parkway again to visit Mabry Mill and Morisette Winery. Lunch at the winery was good food and not too pricey. Then on into Meadows of Dan, Va where we checked out Lovers Leap and stayed at the Blue Ridge Inn. Next day was back into North Carolina to Sparta, on to Boone, NC to eat at the Dan'l Boone Lodge (Great Food) and into Spruce Pine for the night. We stayed in a school that had been converted to motel. Very unique experience. Next day back down old Hwy 25 and into Greenville, SC. Great riding. Have fun.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:39 PM
tomkatz4
Advanced

Hwy 64 west is great all the way to Cleveland TN. I know that's a little more than 150 but great curves and views.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:22 PM
NCP
Intermediate

You are right - Hwy 64 is great with so many options from it. Riding 64 from Brevard way over toward Lake Lure and Chimney Rock, then heading toward Saluda but be sure to catch the Green River Cove Road for some amazing switchbacks.

Old 10-29-2007, 09:47 AM
flamineclipse
Cruiser

I've heard from several people that 64 is a great ride. I'll have to try it one day.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:00 AM
mysticwolf
Road Master

We just got back from riding the BRP, we live in Indiana, so not sure how far you ae from the parkway, but I recamend it. It was so beautiful, we didnt want to come home.