Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Best rides around Harrison Arkansas

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2024, 05:51 AM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member
Received 605 Likes on 440 Posts
Default Best rides around Harrison Arkansas

Thinking about going down to Bikes, Blues and BBQ next week gonna stay around Harrison Arkansas. I plan on riding hiway7 from Harrison to Hot Springs. I'm also gonna be going back and forth a couple of days between Rogers to Harrison. Whats the best smooth and curvy road in the area? Any don't miss rides in the area? Gonna be riding the trike and it's about as smooth as a lumber wagon. Thanks, HMT

Old 09-14-2024, 06:27 AM
GeneseeGap
Road Master
Received 153 Likes on 93 Posts

You are in a great part of the riding world! What a great plan you already have....

Talimena parkway is my only suggestion.....it is short....it's just due west of Hot Springs but not really in line with Rogers/Hamilton,..

I have not been there for several years and cannot vouch for the roadway.....

Thanks for the post....I'll look up that rally....

Last edited by GeneseeGap; 09-14-2024 at 06:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Brian Sparrow (09-14-2024)
Old 09-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Brian Sparrow
Tourer
Received 918 Likes on 241 Posts

North on Rt 103 from the Clarksville area, to the Oark General Store for some lunch. Excellent food and pie. 103 is an awesome road. http://www.oarkgeneralstore.com/

Hwy 7 takes you through Jasper, where there is a decent place to eat, Ozark Cafe. Hwy 74, east and west of there is a nice road. Hwy 21 and 123 are nice roads.

A couple years ago the Talimena Parkway was getting kinda worn and bumpy, but still a really nice ride over into Oklahoma.

Old 09-14-2024, 10:25 AM
road king Q
Road Master
Received 238 Likes on 156 Posts

the elk are already herding up in Boxely valley. West of Jasper along Buffalo river. Cool to see bulls bugling and herds together.

The following 2 users liked this post by road king Q:
Brian Sparrow (09-14-2024), Grandslam (09-19-2024)
Old 09-14-2024, 10:31 AM
Brian Sparrow
Tourer
Received 918 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by road king Q
the elk are already herding up in Boxely valley. West of Jasper along Buffalo river. Cool to see bulls bugling and herds together.
A couple years ago, in the fall, I was through that area of an early morning. It was a little foggy down in there, and we could barely see the elk, but it was a great sight just the same. I was surprised to find out there were so many in that area.

The following users liked this post:
Grandslam (09-19-2024)
Old 09-21-2024, 02:02 PM
road king Q
Road Master
Received 238 Likes on 156 Posts

The state brought the elk back in the 80s I think... late 90s they were growing pretty good in herd size. Stories are the original smaller native elk were finished off in depression years.

We went last week and they are still mainly early morning and late day active. We saw a few laying in the shade, but not many or much action. Maybe cooler days will kick up sightings. We have seen a lot of action 3 pm ish in later October

Old Today, 01:01 PM
JimRunningLizard
Advanced
Veteran: Air Force
Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
Thinking about going down to Bikes, Blues and BBQ next week gonna stay around Harrison Arkansas. I plan on riding hiway7 from Harrison to Hot Springs. I'm also gonna be going back and forth a couple of days between Rogers to Harrison. What's the best smooth and curvy road in the area? Any don't miss rides in the area? Gonna be riding the trike and it's about as smooth as a lumber wagon. Thanks, HMT
Our group just returned from that area. We stayed in Harrison for the week prior to Labor Day and rode all over the area.

Avoid the Pig Trail. The roadway was washed out earlier in the year and the Highway crews are working like mad to get the road repaired. There are many one lane only sections, that are traffic controlled by those portable stop lights. The road is ridable, but the wait times at the lights are long and hot ( at the end of August). All of the Pig Trail is paved and smooth'sh, but the many one lane sections change sides to get you through.

Also, there is a Looooong section of HWY 21 that just got repaved and it's Smoooooooth with freshly painted lines. The bikes and riders love it.

ride Safe