Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Gatlinburg to Nashville (Please help).

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 03:38 PM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gatlinburg to Nashville (Please help).

Thanks Jed. I'll be sure to give the map a look and see what you are describing.

I welcome any more wisdom that anyone has about a great route from Gatlinburg to Nashville..... Keep them coming!

ORIGINAL: jedsporty883

We take U. S.70 from around Lenior City all the way to Tn. 96, outside of Lebanon then stay on 96 all the way to Franklin. It takes around 5 hours to do. We think 70 is a great ride, two lane and not a lot of traffic.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:40 PM
UltraPassenger
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: scarygt

Thanks Jed. I'll be sure to give the map a look and see what you are describing.

I welcome any more wisdom that anyone has about a great route from Gatlinburg to Nashville..... Keep them coming!

We take U. S.70 from around Lenior City all the way to Tn. 96, outside of Lebanon then stay on 96 all the way to Franklin. It takes around 5 hours to do. We think 70 is a great ride, two lane and not a lot of traffic.
Don't know about the route, but be sure and eat at Bubba Gumps in Gatlinburg, and ride thru Cades Cove....but watch for deer.....

Old 07-23-2007, 03:50 PM
scarygt
Road Master

I've been to Gatlinburg every year for the past 13 years (my wife and I really like the area). I usually always visit cades cove each time i go. It is strange, but I have never ate at bubbas and unfortunately I might not have time this trip to eat there. Do they serve more than just shrimp? Probably a stupid question, but my wife isn't that big of a shrimp eater.

Thanks, Ralph

ORIGINAL: UltraPassenger

Don't know about the route, but be sure and eat at Bubba Gumps in Gatlinburg, and ride thru Cades Cove....but watch for deer.....

Old 07-23-2007, 03:59 PM
UltraPassenger
Road Captain

I've been to Gatlinburg every year for the past 13 years (my wife and I really like the area). I usually always visit cades cove each time i go. It is strange, but I have never ate at bubbas and unfortunately I might not have time this trip to eat there. Do they serve more than just shrimp? Probably a stupid question, but my wife isn't that big of a shrimp eater.

Thanks, Ralph

Bubbas just opened this summer. They have other types of fish, and I think they have steaks also. Be sure and get some hush puppies. They have rice, corn and pieces of shrimp in them. Yummy!!! And get a Momma's Favorite drink....... Seriously....you need to make time for this......

Old 07-23-2007, 04:06 PM
scarygt
Road Master

Ok, you've conviced me; I'll add it to my schedule of things to do while I'm in Gatlinburg.

Thanks, Ralph

Bubbas just opened this summer. They have other types of fish, and I think they have steaks also. Be sure and get some hush puppies. They have rice, corn and pieces of shrimp in them. Yummy!!! And get a Momma's Favorite drink....... Seriously....you need to make time for this......

Old 07-24-2007, 11:29 AM
tga
Cruiser

Ok, you've conviced me; I'll add it to my schedule of things to do while I'm in Gatlinburg.

Thanks, Ralph

For breakfast, I would suggest the Pancake Pantry. It's downtown. Get there early to avoid the line. They open at 7:00 AM

Old 07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
jimmyz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can take hwy 70 or I40 to Nashville. or 411or11 to Cleveland then Chattanooga then 41. Its all gonna be great ridin!

Old 07-24-2007, 12:31 PM
jedsporty883
Tourer

The Pancake Pantry is the oldest pancake house in Tennessee, established in 1960. There's usually a long line waiting to get in, but it's worth it. After a night at Hoggs and Honeys, You'll appreciate it. They will pack a lunch for you if you want to go into the mountains, as will the beautiful Buckhorn Inn. The view of Ol' Smokey, (Mt. LeConte) is superb from the back veranda.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Bug
Road Master

The wife and I are headin to the Smokey Mtn arealeaving this Saturday. We'll be staying about 10 miles south of Robbinsville. We are also planning to stay one night in Asheville then on to Nashville on the way home back to Houston. I think I'll take that US 70 route instead of I-40. We are planning to ride the BRP, Cherohala, and the Dragon while were there. Can't wait.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:30 PM
jimmyz
Tourer

Hey Bug, Be careful here in Tenn. The wildlife is moving like crazy. Have a Great trip JimmyZ

Quick Reply: Gatlinburg to Nashville (Please help).