Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Cabot Trail

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 04:48 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,834 Posts

Originally Posted by Tjroadie
Casa Breeze Inn B& B Oak Bay! Can't wait to return. Yes make reservations and ride counter clock wise. Also Peggy's Cove Lighthouse.
We rode into Peggy's Cove on a Monday afternoon and couldn't find a place to park two trikes!
We spent some time at the nearby air crash Memorial to take some pics and a break.

During that time of year, all of the "hot" tourist spots are jammed.
When we go back to Maine we went to Acadia Nat'l Park and then Bar Harbor and both were "standing room only"!

Old 03-07-2020, 05:13 PM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,393 Likes on 2,751 Posts

Go to Meat Cove, have lunch and a beer on their picnic table

Old 03-08-2020, 12:30 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Architect
Go to Meat Cove, have lunch and a beer on their picnic table
Just my luck. When we got there they were "closed" for the day!!!

Old 03-08-2020, 04:33 PM
Grousehunter
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

We are leaving Michigan 23 July for Cape Breton. I started booking rooms two months ago and many were sold out already. Have a great trip.

Be advised that the ferry from Yarmouth to Bar Harbor is taking reservations but they are not assured the ship will actually be running this summer. Good luck. Be safe.

Old 03-08-2020, 04:41 PM
Roadghost
Road Warrior
Received 632 Likes on 288 Posts

Drop by Treasure Island NS on the way. Blackbeard and Captain Kidd supposedly buried treasure there. They found the "money pit" but can't get to the treasure. Sunk into the sand I guess. Cool to say you've been there though.

Old 03-08-2020, 10:02 PM
kjc
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I live right on the Cabot Trail in the Acadian village of Cheticamp,Nova Scotia.I have a street glide and count myself very fortunate to be able to ride this masterpiece whenever I feel like it,I don't really have a choice if I want to get anywhere!
Motels book up quite early depending on the season.Things pick up in early June and slow down mid September.The accomodations usually are all fully booked from July 15 to August 20th so book early!I've seen tourists crying at my local convenience store because they had to sleep in their vehicle.I met another group of bikers that I found a room for them 2 hrs away at 9pm,so pre planning is a must.
Also the road itself is undergoing a major rebuild and expect delays due to repaving,nothing too serious.If you get stuck behind the damn water truck,better off parking and waiting it out until the Gravel dries out10-15 minutes,otherwise you'll be cursing the mud!
A friend of mine has a website for all your Cabot Trail info needed cabottrailbiker.com Send him an email,he's very good at promoting the Trail and we often discuss the changing road conditions so that we can inform the travellers of what to expect.
Also,when you pass through Cheticamp,stop in at my wifes shop to purchase some Cabot Trail souvenirs.We re created the original road sign from the 50's into some really nice stuff,T shirts,metal signs,etc.Check out her online store on FB at vintage vibes

Our clothing line

Our road signs

You'rs truly with my Street Glide(and my wife's Breakout)sporting my Cabot Trail hoody with Northern Cape Breton in the background.

The following 5 users liked this post by kjc:
Architect (03-09-2020), Lenaitch (05-15-2020), Redbank (03-09-2020), Ridem-Rhody (03-10-2020), rwtrick (03-09-2020)
Old 03-08-2020, 10:06 PM
kjc
Cruiser

Anyone having any questions about the Cabot Trail can send me a message,I'll try to help to the best of my knowledge.I know every motel and gas station on the 380km route and can definitely recommend which ones are the biker friendly ones.

Last edited by kjc; 03-08-2020 at 10:14 PM. Reason: adjustments
The following users liked this post:
rwtrick (03-09-2020)
Old 03-08-2020, 10:11 PM
kjc
Cruiser

Roadghost,the island that you mentionned is called Oak Island,there's a tv series about it on the History channel,it's about 1hr south of our capital Halifax.And they announced that the Ferry from Maine to Yarmouth will be operational in 2020.

Old 03-09-2020, 12:54 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by kjc
I live right on the Cabot Trail in the Acadian village of Cheticamp,Nova Scotia.I have a street glide and count myself very fortunate to be able to ride this masterpiece whenever I feel like it,I don't really have a choice if I want to get anywhere!
Motels book up quite early depending on the season.Things pick up in early June and slow down mid September.The accomodations usually are all fully booked from July 15 to August 20th so book early!I've seen tourists crying at my local convenience store because they had to sleep in their vehicle.I met another group of bikers that I found a room for them 2 hrs away at 9pm,so pre planning is a must.
Also the road itself is undergoing a major rebuild and expect delays due to repaving,nothing too serious.If you get stuck behind the damn water truck,better off parking and waiting it out until the Gravel dries out10-15 minutes,otherwise you'll be cursing the mud!
A friend of mine has a website for all your Cabot Trail info needed cabottrailbiker.com Send him an email,he's very good at promoting the Trail and we often discuss the changing road conditions so that we can inform the travellers of what to expect.
Also,when you pass through Cheticamp,stop in at my wifes shop to purchase some Cabot Trail souvenirs.We re created the original road sign from the 50's into some really nice stuff,T shirts,metal signs,etc.Check out her online store on FB at vintage vibes

Our clothing line

Our road signs

You'rs truly with my Street Glide(and my wife's Breakout)sporting my Cabot Trail hoody with Northern Cape Breton in the background.
Does she have any Cabot Trail vest/jacket patches??
We goofed off and failed to pick some up.
We were hoping (as a last chance) to get them at ferry to PEI but with our luck the shop wasn't open!
Could use three if they're available.

Last edited by 2AMGuy; 03-09-2020 at 12:57 AM.
The following users liked this post:
BuzzCap7 (03-09-2020)
Old 03-09-2020, 07:36 AM
rwtrick
Road Captain
Received 285 Likes on 89 Posts

Thanks everyone for all the great advice/information!!

Quick Reply: Cabot Trail