Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Open Road - Adventures of Cosmic Razorback

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2022 | 01:19 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 21,836 Likes on 9,590 Posts

A very nice start to a new year of motorcycle riding…

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (02-22-2022)
Old 02-22-2022 | 05:01 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,279 Likes on 7,400 Posts

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky
A very nice start to a new year of motorcycle riding…

Thanks Rocky. It feels like a slow start but I’ll take it compared to what many are dealing with. We were planning to ride down to Daytona but I accepted a new position at work and we’ll have to cancel those plans for now. I swore I would never manage people again. But here we go again! LOL

Old 02-22-2022 | 05:12 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
Thanks Rocky. It feels like a slow start but I’ll take it compared to what many are dealing with. We were planning to ride down to Daytona but I accepted a new position at work and we’ll have to cancel those plans for now. I swore I would never manage people again. But here we go again! LOL
Managing people, that manage customers… I equate that to training dogs on how to herd cats…

The following 3 users liked this post by CanadianRocky:
5wheels (02-26-2022), Cosmic Razorback (02-22-2022), StreetGlide2021 (02-27-2022)
Old 03-06-2022 | 07:04 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Work has been going well. Always good when you have a great team that both like you and support you. I am blessed!

We had to cancel the Daytona ride but the Carolina Girl made me promise we will go down for Biketoberfest. God willing we'll be there.

The weather here in NC has been stellar. We tood Belinda our for a cruise Saturday. Stopped at Smokin in Winston first and ran into Lincoln from Full Throttle. Then we continued east to Mac's Speed Shop in Greensboro to check out the bikes and enjoy a late BBQ lunch. Last stop was Riding High HD in High Point. Total round trip ride was only 114 miles. But when you wife hugs you and tells you what a great time she had that is all that matters!

Lincoln from Carolina Full Throttle Magazine speaking with Anthony the marketing manager at Smoking HD.

They had just sold this sweet Sporster

\

Street Gluide ST

Pretty nice turn out of bikes at Mac's

Their BBQ beans are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!

Riding High in High Point had this beautiful 2022 CVO Road Glide. I would love to see this paint in the sun.

Electric bikes are STUPID EXPENSIVE!!!!!

Nice inventory of new and used bikes at Riding High

Time to head back west to our humble bunker.

Belinda enjoyed the day and ran perfectly!

Total round trip mileage. 113.8

The following 2 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
CanadianRocky (03-06-2022), Rob Harper (03-07-2022)
Old 03-06-2022 | 07:06 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

I was at the Harley shop today and saw those electric bikes… Not for me.

Scorpio09SG (03-06-2022)
Old 03-06-2022 | 07:29 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Sunday March 6, 2022

Woke up around 8am and it was really overcast out but the temperature was already 63 degrees. Made coffee and the Carolina Girl cooked some sausage and gravy over biscuits. One of my favorite! I watched the squirrels and birds out the front window. They are loving this weather and even more excited about spring than I am! LOL

After breakfast I went down to the shop to give Olivia a little TLC. She's been neglected and I checked the tire pressures, oil levels and gave her a thorough inspection. Then she got cleaned up and was shining like a new penny.

Today was our monthly Rolling Thunder Chapter Meeting. With it being so beautiful out we left early and took country back roads over to Statesville making our first stop at Tilley's Harley Davidson. Motorcycle traffic in and out was steady even though it was VERY Windy out today! Check out that huge flag flying strong.

Stopped for gasoline at the Sheetz station on Hwy 70 down from Tilleys and these prices will make you curse the idiot in the White House!

I'm on the board of directors for the chapter so it was a 2+ hour meeting today. When we left we rode over to the Cracker Barrel on I-40 and had a late lunch. A said state of affairs. The restuarant was half empty and we had a 30 minute wait because they were so short handed. Three servers taking orders, cleaning tables and serving. Don't get me started on the condition of the restrooms. But the meal was good and life's too short to do anything but make the best of it and enjoy!

We left Statesville and rode Hwy 21 up to Harmony, then leaned right onto Hwy 901 back into Davie County. It was really dead in our little town, but the ice cream shop was open. So we stopped for a treat before calling it a day.

Only 67 miles on today's ride, but everyone of them was wonderful!

Good Bless all and ride safe.

Rob Harper (03-07-2022)
Old 03-06-2022 | 07:35 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky
I was at the Harley shop today and saw those electric bikes… Not for me.

I could really enjoy one, but the prices are CRAZY! They make me free great spending 30K on a real motorcycle! LOL

I work with two people that are big into mountain bikes and one also has a sweet road bicycle. These are not electric and the guy with 2 bikes has $18k in them total! To each his own.

Did you ride the Harley today?

Old 03-06-2022 | 09:13 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
I could really enjoy one, but the prices are CRAZY! They make me free great spending 30K on a real motorcycle! LOL

I work with two people that are big into mountain bikes and one also has a sweet road bicycle. These are not electric and the guy with 2 bikes has $18k in them total! To each his own.

Did you ride the Harley today?
Mine yes… The electric one?… Nope…

Old 03-07-2022 | 08:09 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Flashback - November 21, 2015

I was looking through some very old document files and found a ride that my buddy Ralph and I did the week of Thanksgiving back in 2015. I used to write the details of each days ride and email to my father and other friends and family members.

Day 1

Day #1 could not have been better. It could have been worse if you did not have heated gear!

We left Tilley's Statesville at 9:15 am with the thermometer reading just under 40 degrees with sunny skies.

With no plans, no schedule and no reservations we flipped a coin to see what direct to travel.

Heads was South
Tails was South

South won but there was a slight problem. Rain in Northern Florida today and tomorrow in Jacksonville and Daytona. Cold was okay with everyone but wet was not.

Since I am leading we headed west on I-40 toward Knoxville. We had an early lunch in Canton, NC before riding through the Gorge and stopped for fuel in Knoxville. Ralph was cutting it close adding 5.6 gallons. Traffic was heavy through Knoxville as we veered left onto I-75 South toward Chattanooga. We had already unplugged, dropped a layer of clothing and put out lighter helmets and gloves on. It was beautiful with temps in the 60's.

The plan was to get as far South as possible and stay DRY. We made it to Gadsden, Alabama on I-59 shortly after dark with 457 miles for the day. Tomorrow they say it will be freezing! We will probably sleep in and enjoy a nice long breakfast before pulling out.

Our travels tomorrow will take us through the tunnel under Mobile Bay and along the Florida coast line toward Cedar Key where we probably will spend the night. Remember no real plans.

After tomorrow the rain will have passed through Florida and the high and low temps will be much more enjoyable.

We have not seen any "Del Fuego's" but Ralph might be smelling like one by tomorrow evening.

Stay tuned....

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 03-07-2022 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-07-2022 | 08:11 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Flashback November 22, 2015

Day 2

Day #2 is now in the books.

Praise goes to the Lord for giving us such a beautiful day, bright sun, clear blue skies and good roads. When we first looked outside this morning it looked like 80 degrees outside!

We slept in, had a big breakfast and decided to stay and watch Rush Limbaugh on the Chris Wallace Sunday program before hitting the road. It was a good call and allowed the weather to warm up slightly from the 30 degrees it started out as.

Once on I-59 South the bikes ran GREAT in the cool weather and traffic was very light. We rolled through Birmingham in no time continuing South toward Montgomery. We did not see Hank anywhere?

Next we jumped on I-65 toward Mobile. We really enjoyed the rural interstates and traffic moved quick. By 2pm we had dropped the heated gear, switched to lighter gloves and helmets and were really enjoying the ride.

Once in Mobile we circled around a little to get a look at the USS Alabama which is a beautiful sight to see. The town is a major sea port and if you don't like bridges it is not for you. We crossed long bridges, short bridges, TALL bridges and of course there are the tunnels.

Once past Mobile we slowed the pace and got on Hwy. 98 toward Pensacola. We made a decision to stop for a nice dinner and get a room for the night in Pensacola.

After a big steak at the Texas Road House we found a great rate at the Fairfield Inn and are in for the evening.

The best thing is the temperatures. It is 61 degrees now and only supposed to get down to 45 tonight. We have managed to ride around the wet weather. So far not a single drop of rain!

We are going to get rolling early in the morning. Our travels will take us along the Emerald Coast tomorrow morning before turning East toward Daytona.

I need to thank three people:

Ralph for being a great riding buddy.

Tommie for giving me my Christmas early. A new GPS and some awesome Under Armor fleece lined base layer that has made the ride so enjoyable.

And last but not least my Dad for giving me a motorcycle when I was 13 that started it all.

Stay tuned....

Quick Reply: The Open Road - Adventures of Cosmic Razorback