Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Open Road - Adventures of Cosmic Razorback

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2021 | 08:35 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,279 Likes on 7,400 Posts

Some pictures on the road and on the Hatchez Trace Parkway...

Old 12-06-2021 | 08:45 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

The “Open Road” was calling me. Continued.....

Old 12-06-2021 | 08:53 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Old 12-06-2021 | 09:12 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Pictures pulled from GoPro

Day #1, I-40 West NC to TN

Group of bikers from Indiana I met and rode with the first 35 miles or so on the Natchez Trace Parkway.

Back to Mississippi after running over to Alabama for a battery to go in the Key Fob.

Welcome to Arkansas, crossing the Mississippi River near Memphis.

The sun going down on day #2 on I-40 nearing Little Rock, Arkansas

Old 12-06-2021 | 09:19 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

5am Day 4 leaving Tennessee for home. This picture really does not do these Clear Water Erica lights justice. They light up a country mile.

This guy that has "Mile Monster" on his tank was getting it done. I rolled in behind him and at 85 he was pulling away. Too fast for me.

Heading back into the Gorge east bound after crossing the French Broad River. Hard to capture of the beauty of this picture as the roadway appears to disappear into the mountain.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
bentryder (12-07-2021), StoneTrekker (12-07-2021)
Old 12-07-2021 | 07:29 AM
rossn2
Road Master
Received 131 Likes on 73 Posts

I cant wait to ride the Trace and other areas of TN..relocating there next year from Texas..

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (12-07-2021)
Old 12-08-2021 | 12:11 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Marriage Retreat Surfside Beach Sept 2021

I hope you guys and gals have enjoyed the recent rides I have posted from over the second half of this year. I have one more to share with you and then we'll be off to new adventures.

September 2021 - Church Marriage Retreat - Surfside Beach, SC

Our church has a marriage retreat annually. We have attended about four of them and have always enjoyed going. We always leave better than we arrived. Those that read my ride reports know that the Carolina Girl is my best friend and we have a strong, blessed and fun marriage. We do pretty much everything together and that included Jeeping and offroad, snow and water sking many years ago, boating and getting into offshore performance boats including coastal cruising, poker runs over half the US and in Canada. Now we enjoy riding our Harley Davidsons!

There are several couples at the church we attended that ride. The first marriage retreat we went to we rode down on our bike with our gear on the tourpak. A few others did trailer their bikes down to ride at the beach but we started something. Next year several rode down. This year there were six couples and all but one rode and one trailered because of health issues. One of the couples recently purchased a new to him 2012 HD CVO and hos wife took over riding their CamAm Spider which they used to ride two up together. They rode down separately since she was a newer rider. I lead a small group of three bikes / couples down. From where we all live it is just under 250 miles to Myrtle Beach one way. We stayed at the Surfside Beach Resort.

The picture below is our group meeting up at the local Sheetz ready to head out.

The weather was beautiful and looked to be very nice all week into the weekend. This was on Wednesday September 15th we we laft out.

Our first stop was at the rest area just south of Asheboro to let every stretch and use the restroom. One of the guys was having issues with LED lights. He pulled the seat off and found the problem. He was able to fix it enough to work the rest of the trip.

I was in charge of the route and all stops. So I found a great little place in downtown Bennettsville, SC with excellent reviews. We stopped in and enjoyed a good lunch and fantastic desserts!

Magnolia on Main, Bennettsville, SC

The next stop was at the resort to check in, unload and get ready to ride to dinner.

The new Pier being built.

Checking out the beach before heading back out for dinner.

She just loves me so much!!!!!!!

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 12-08-2021 at 01:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BuzzCap7 (12-18-2021)
Old 12-08-2021 | 12:29 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Continued: September 2021 - Church Marriage Retreat - Surfside Beach, SC

Don't take this the wrong way but most in the group are happy with someone else doing all the planning and them just following the leader. The Carolina Girl and I have an adventurous spirit and we already had our ride times planned. So for dinner we were riding down to one of our favorite locations, George Town. We planned to have dinner on the water front and two other couples that had not been there joined us.

Some of these pictures may seem strange so I commented below them. Prior to leaving for this event we were all given photo tasks we had to complete prior to the end of the marriage retreat. It was a lot of fun.

Picture with a Tree!

Texas Pete "T" for our last name. Picture Contest

Take a picture of someone else taking a picture of you.

Picture of you pointing at something.

The ride mack to Surfside was interesting. We crossed the ICW and leaned left up Hwy 17 back towards the resort. It was a white knuckle ride. I have never seen so many deer. By the time we got to Murrells Inlet I had counted 23 deer on the side of the roadway. I've ridden through there many times in the daylight, but the first at night. I do NOT recommend doing that route at night. CRAZY!

Back at the resort we were all packing into a small area in the parking deck. The hotel said they would block off a larger area for us the next day which the did.

Looking down from our balcony at the resturant next door.

Old 12-08-2021 | 12:38 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Day two and we all met in the meeting room for our first group session. We had a very nice guest pastor who served many years outside the US. He was interesting and did a very good job.

Time to get out and ride again. I had a patch I wanted sewn on my vest so our first stop was at Jamin Leathers!

Again we are taking advantage of every location to get pictures needed for the photo challenge.

A picture of someone taking a picture.

A picture of someone relaxing

Another Tree picture

A picture of you JUMPING!!!!!

Old 12-08-2021 | 12:48 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

The next stop on todays ride was at Broadway at the beach. Man it has been 15 years since we stopped there.

Oops, thought I had more pictures from that stop?

Moving on I captured the following on the return to the hotel using the GoPro.

Okay back to the photo challenge! We had to get a funny picture and I came up with a couple of ideas. The Carolina Girl does NOT put her head under water. This was a first! Yeah the GoPro is water proof! YEAH

Quick Reply: The Open Road - Adventures of Cosmic Razorback