Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Open Road - Adventures of Cosmic Razorback

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2021 | 03:36 PM
sam_spade
Cruiser
Received 144 Likes on 89 Posts

My wife and I, and our friends, really enjoyed the frescoes around West Jefferson. We’ll worth the stops.

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021 | 04:16 PM
Rob Harper
Road Warrior
Received 2,523 Likes on 804 Posts

We had a great time with Mark and Tommie back in August. Here are few more pics. Mark I plan to ride out near High Point on Friday. Maybe we can get together for lunch.

Rob

Great lunch at Loaded Goat

Dinner at Freeborne's Entertainment too.

Stayed in a nice Hotel

Jail or Chapel?

Fresco with informative audio recording

The following 2 users liked this post by Rob Harper:
bentryder (11-30-2021), Cosmic Razorback (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021 | 06:39 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,279 Likes on 7,400 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Harper
Here are few more pics. Mark I plan to ride out near High Point on Friday. Maybe we can get together for lunch

Thanks for sharing more photo's Rob. I'm looking forward to meeting up for lunch. I'll even buy!

I'm sitting here typing in the dark. There was an accident not far from us and the whole neighbor is without power. I have 46% on the laptop and 76% on the phone hot spot! My led flashlight and the lights on the Glock 19 and Benelli are all charged!

Tommie says hey.

Old 11-30-2021 | 07:19 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Myrtle Beach in November

The great thing about this area we live in is there are nice days to be found in everyone of the 12 months. For me nice in November through March is 60+. We had a hotel room that was paid for last year that we could not use do to many circumstances out of our control. A few weeks back I received an email from the hotel that we need to use it bdfore December 1st. Nice of them as I had already forgotten about it. I look at the weekend weather and wow, all dry, a little windy and 72 at Myrtle Beach. Still in the upper 50's at our house which wasnlt bad. I asked the Carolina Girl if she wanted to do an overnight ride and got the usual immediate "YES" as long as I take her out for a nice dinner.

So on Saturday November 13th we rolled out of our undisclosed bunker west of the twin cities that tobacco built for Myrtle Beach. Our fist stop was at the local Waffle House for a nice breakfast and coffee to hold us over till dinner. The ride down was beautiful and "Olivia" ran like a swiss watch all the way. We always stop at Blenheim's for the local drink that made them famous and for gasoline.

We stopped at Myrtle Beach HD which is a must stop.

Then on to the hotel to check in. I shot a few pictures of the new pier being built at Surfside Beach.

By this time it's already 4pm and our Big Breakfast from WH has worn off and we're hungry. We though caution to the wind and lead the helmets at the hotel and it's off to Murrells Inlet for an early dinner. We like all the restuarants in that area. This time the "Wicked Tuna" won our business and the food and service were both excellent. I ended up spending more on dinner than the hotel room was worth. No problem I had my best girl with me and we are doing what we love and having a blast!

By the time we left Murrell's Inlet the sun at dropped from the sky and the temps were already in the 50's. It was a cool ride back to the hotel in only long sleeve t-shirts!

CanadianRocky (12-01-2021)
Old 11-30-2021 | 07:28 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

A few more photos from the area:

We set a new packing record for an overnight trip. This is all I took other than what I had on. Same with the wife.

Old 11-30-2021 | 07:53 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Sunday November 14th

Day two returning home from out overnight trip to MB.

I always look for a new place to visit and a new place to eat. Well it did not work out too good. The reviews and hours for the restuarant in Conway on the river proved to be wrong as the place had gone out of business. We still spent a little time on the water from and guess what? Yeah we went back to the Waffle House!

Our last stop before arriving back home was at the historic Cotton Press from 1798. It is located where Hwy 38 crosses over I-95 South of Bennettsville.

That's all folks! The Carolina Girl says bye until the next adventure. Thanks for riding along.

The following 4 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
bentryder (12-01-2021), CanadianRocky (12-01-2021), jessultra (12-01-2021), Rob Harper (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021 | 04:44 AM
jessultra
Road Master
Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Great pics , The claw house is my first go to every time im down there.

Cosmic Razorback (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021 | 05:39 AM
y22c
Road Master
Received 163 Likes on 102 Posts

Next time you come down to Murrells Inlet. let me know...we can go to Scotts BBQ for lunch...don't make it before Wednesday

Cosmic Razorback (12-01-2021)
Old 12-01-2021 | 08:05 AM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jessultra
Great pics , The claw house is my first go to every time im down there.

Yes we like it also. Did it last trip. Have you tried Mojo’s next door at the marina. We had a very good meal there pre-COVID.

Originally Posted by y22c
Next time you come down to Murrells Inlet. let me know...we can go to Scotts BBQ for lunch...don't make it before Wednesday
Will do, look forward to it. We have never eaten there.

Old 12-01-2021 | 07:06 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

September 11, 2021

How about another ride. This one was a local ride in and around Davie County aka "DC" during our 911 Memorial Celebration.

We started off with a ride to dinner on our new Street Glide.Went down town to walk around and enjoy the celebration and some ice cream at a local shop. Mocksville has recently had several nice murals painted on buildings show casing the history of the area. One of the murals reflects on my wife's Grandfather who was a blacksmith.

Let's never forget 911.

Hope you enjoy these pictures. We turned 500 miles on the SG that day.

Belinda, 2021 FLHXS Snake Venom

Dinner at Coaches

Local ice cream and coffee shop downtowm Mocksville on Main Street

Streets blocked off with folks enjoying the band. During the summer months there is a cruise in car show downtown the first Monday of each month at 4pm to dark.

Memorial

Davie County Courthouse

This was written by my wife's last living uncle about her grandfather. Interesting history, and a beautiful mural.

The Carolina Girl grew up riding and showing horses. She has more ribbons than both of our bikes have Horsepower combined.

The Horn family used to own the Truck Stop on I-40 before selling to T/A a couple of years back.

Our new fountain.

Quick Reply: The Open Road - Adventures of Cosmic Razorback