Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

The Open Road - Adventures of Cosmic Razorback

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2021 | 09:45 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,279 Likes on 7,400 Posts

Dragon Photos

The following 2 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
BuzzCap7 (07-22-2021), CanadianRocky (07-20-2021)
Old 07-22-2021 | 07:59 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Robert Simmons “Pay it Forward” interviewed us at 2:30 on the video.

Part 2 - Knoxville Tennessee - Meet, Greet & Group Ride w/ Awesome Subs...

The following users liked this post:
CanadianRocky (07-22-2021)
Old 11-25-2021 | 10:38 AM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Happy Thanksgiving all.

The Carolina Girl and I would like to wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays. I hope the Lord has truely Blessed you all this year.

It is hard to believe that it has been over four months since I have posted. To give an update we have been riding! Yes we have logged over 15k miles this year, met a wonderful couple here on the sight that we have enjoyed riding with. Have made several trips to Myrtle Beach this year, including VA, SC, GA, TN, AL, MS, LA and Arkansas. Did the Natchez Trace Parkway and saw the birth place of Elvis. We lost our Step-Mother last year and my father four months later. Got out to see their headstone which was placed last month. Then we both got covid early this year, have been extremely busy with work and started a complete down to the studs home rennovation in January. It has been a SLOW process but we are within two weeks of moving in, Praise God.

Lots of rides to catch up on and post for those all ready snowed in to enjoy over the winter.

This morning we got up and did our annual "Frosty *****" breakfast ride. We rolled out at 0800 with a temp showing of 32 degress up from our low of 28 overnight. Rode 60 miles and enjoyed breakfast at Waffle House. Roads were dry and the Carolina blue sky was perfect!

The Carolina girl has been busy cooking and we are looking forward to our last Thanksgiving in our mobile home and getting back into our house for Christmas.

God Bless all

Stopped and documented the time and temp this morning.

32 degrees F up from 28 degrees overnight.

Breakfast at our favorite restuarant!

Clicked over 43k on the Spiked Olive today.

Mileage for today's "Frosty *****" ride.

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 11-25-2021 at 11:49 AM.
sam_spade (11-30-2021)
Old 11-25-2021 | 01:51 PM
blue flht
Road Captain
Received 181 Likes on 104 Posts

Good to see you back, was going for a ride today now to full lol

Cosmic Razorback (11-25-2021)
Old 11-25-2021 | 04:23 PM
Tjroadie
Cruiser
Received 113 Likes on 73 Posts

Welcome back! Warm here in the Keystone this evening 50° so going to see lights on the lake in Altoona on the bike. Only 6 miles but they salt will be getting spread soon so we'll take what we can get. Have a blessed Holiday season!!!

Cosmic Razorback (11-26-2021)
Old 11-28-2021 | 04:48 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Sunday November 28, 2021 62 Degrees

Another beautiful day here in the Carolinas.

Yesterday the Carolina Girl and I decided we were going to run up and have lunch on the BRP today. We were getting ready to ride about noon and she aske me if we would need our heated gear. I told her yes if we do the BRP a it will be a high of 47 degrees. It was already 58 here in the low country heading to a hgh of 62 degrees. So the decision was made to leave the gear home, and ride to Smokin HD in the Twin Cities that Tobacco built. She also wanted BBQ which is very hard to find on a Sunday. But one of our favorite spots is also in Winston-Salem so I made her happy on both counts!

We did about 64 miles, had a very nice visit at Smokin, spent too much, or I should say a lot more than we planned and got the annual HD gift. Went downtown to Camel City BBG and the food and service were both exceptional!

I'll share with you that the Carolina Girl does NOT like to see the low fuel light come on on anything. She keeps her truck at 3/4 tank or more at all times. I see the light on everything I drive before I stop for fuel unless traveling and it is necessary to fill up early. Well I had a little fun with her today. I knew the CVO was VERY low on fuel. We live 1.8 miles from the nearest station. I told her that we are super low and the needle was buried on "E". She asked me if we can make it to the station. The "R" showed 12 miles. I showed her and said it was 1.2 miles and we have 1.8 miles to go. She asked why I had the bike idling, that I'm wasting fuel. Teh she said she would be pissed if we ran out of fuel! See below that we did take 5.5 gallons!

The ride over was very nice and you could feel holiday traffic building. The NC HP were out in force with the speed guns pointed. today.

A few pictures from Smokin HD in Winston. The have been advertising being the home of the pre-owned CVO's. WOW I would hate to be buying a used 2018 CVO for more than it was back when new!

I can highly recommend Camel City BBQ. We have never been disappointed there. One of the few places to find BBQ on Sunday.

Texas Pete is a Winston-Salem original. They are also one of my customer. I love going in that plant. It will open up your sinuses! LOL

Brisket plate on bottom and pulled pork on top for the wife.

Yeah we spent more than we were planning. But hey, we did have $40.00 worth of dealer points to use!

I upgraded by Gerbing controller and got the remote. Mounted it on the handle bars. I look forward to trying it out. Have friends that really like it.

The Carolina Girl is happy and we ended the day with a beautiful sunset.

64 miles today.

59 degrees at alomst 4pm when we returned home.

The following 3 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
jessultra (11-29-2021), Rob Harper (11-30-2021), sam_spade (11-30-2021)
Old 11-28-2021 | 05:03 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

When we drove up to Camel City BBQ this guy walking down the sidewalk continued singing the song we had blasting on Sirus. He knew the song well and had a good voice. He kept looking at our bike and then said "$6500.00"? I laughed an asked if he meant what do they cost. He said yes and then said $7300.00"? I said you are getting warm they are close to $8k now days. He said it is beautiful and worth every penny for sure! If he only knew! LOL

I have never named a motorcycle before. My wife has always referred to the CVO as the "Big Girl". I am not very fond of big girls. So I told her we are naming the two bikes. She was surprised, but liked both names I chose and is already referring to them by name.

The 2017 CVO is officially known as "Olivia". I just like the name and it helps me remember Olivia Newton-John!

The 2021 Street Glide Special in "Snake Venom" is now known as "Belinda".

Belinda is a feminine name coined from Italian bella, meaning "beautiful". Alternatively it may be derived from the Old High German name Betlinde, which possibly meant "bright serpent". Brilliant Snake.

Since I was last here posting we have already had the 1000 mile service completed and added new Cobra Neighbor Hater slips ons.

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 11-28-2021 at 05:11 PM.
Rob Harper (11-30-2021), Studlintsean (11-28-2021)
Old 11-28-2021 | 06:26 PM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Here are some photo's I pulled off the GoPro Hero 5 Black from today's ride. These are on the way to and in the Winston-Salem area. I've lived within 20 miles of WS for over 30 years now and call it home.

Salem Parkway used to be Interstate 40 through town. Then when the new I-40 went south of town it became Business 40. Then about three years ago they closed it down and rebuilt it entirely over a two year time frame and now it is Salem Parkway. Winston is on the left side, North and Salem is on the right side or South when traveling East.

Rolling onto I-40 West of WS

That girl ahead of me on the Spider was flying! Virginia tags saiging "1Cat". In a 55mph zone ahd she was running 80 mph.

Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center on the right. WS skyline in the far left.

Wells Fargo building

Smoking HD

Crossing the Salem Parkway leaving Winston going into Old Salem

WS Dash Baseball Fiels

Ball field on left

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 11-28-2021 at 06:46 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
bentryder (11-29-2021), jessultra (11-29-2021), Rob Harper (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021 | 08:21 AM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Saturday August 28th

Catching up on some great rides this past summer. Rob here on the HD sight reached out to me and after several conversations we were findly able to get together with him and his wife Amy. I am very greatful as we really enjoy being around them and look forward to many future rides together. They were on their new to them Limited and Amy was enjoying the ride!

We met up at Riding High HD in High Point, NC. I ran them through Winston-Salem were they saw the skyline water towers from RJR. We cruised up Hwy 52 toward Pilot Mountain were we made out first photo stop.Sadly as I type this Pilot Mountain is on fire. Over the last 4 days 300 acres have burned including the ****! Air quality in our area is poor right now and we are under a burning ban.

Once back on the rode we continued North on 52 to Mt. Airy were we stopped for an amazing burger at the "Loaded Goat" The Andy Griffith fans will know about the city and the reference to the loaded goat.

After a ride through main street to see Floyd's Barber Shop and Snappy Lunch the plan was to ride Orchards Gap Road up to the Blue Ridge Parkway. That is one of my favorite roads and about half way up we ran into a road closure and detour. We had to run back over to 52 and run up to Fancy Gap. We stopped for fuel at the top of the mountain and jumped on the Parkway South toward our motel. We did stop at several look outs along the route and at the Blue Ridge Music Center.

We arrived at New River Inn & Cabins in Glendale Springs which has become a favorite overnight stop for the Carolina Girl and I. We got checked in and Rob and Amy walked up to the Northwest Trading Post. Then we took a short ride over to see the Fesco painting of the Lord's Supper at the Holy Trinity Church. It is a must see stop if you are on Hwy 16 or the BRP in that area.

Our next stop was at Freebornes for dinner and a visit to "Wild Woody's" next door. We really enjoyed dinner and hung out there much later than expected. We saw a few folks with maybe too much liquid courage put on a show as they left on their bikes burning rubber and riding wheelies! It was an experience worth waiting for! LOL

We rode back on the BRP about 10 miles to our motel. The Clear Water spots did an amazing job as usual safely lighting the way back. The weather was perfect and we sit outdoors at the picnic table talking until late.

The next morning we rode up to West Jefferson and enjoyed breakfast together before parting way. We headed back South to pick up and take delivery of our new Street Glide. Rob and Amy rode North and hit Hwy 58 to ride the ridge back to the East.

I have some pictures to load from the GoPro and I hope Rob will add some pictures he took also. Thanks for sharing the ride with us and a very special thanks to Rob and Amy!

Rob Harper (11-30-2021), sam_spade (11-30-2021)
Old 11-30-2021 | 08:37 AM
Cosmic Razorback
|
Seasoned HDF Member

When we parted ways with Rob and Amy we ran over to Crossroads HD in Wilkesboro where Micah had our new 2021 Street Glide Special in "Snake Venom" ready to go!

We jumped on her and rode back up to the BRP for the maiden ride before heading home. What a wonderful weekend.

Last edited by Cosmic Razorback; 11-30-2021 at 10:15 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Cosmic Razorback:
bentryder (11-30-2021), Grandma1956 (11-30-2021), Rob Harper (11-30-2021), sam_spade (11-30-2021), StoneTrekker (11-30-2021)

Quick Reply: The Open Road - Adventures of Cosmic Razorback