Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

What dream rides do you have planned for 2019?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 05:08 PM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 391 Likes on 231 Posts
Default Alaska 2019

I am planning a trip from Maryland to Ontario to Manitoba to Saskatchewan to Alberta to British Columbia to Yukon Territories to Tok Alaska.

From Tok AK to Anchorage to Seward to Denali Nat'l Park to Fairbanks to Arctic Circle to Valdez and back to Tok AK.

From Tok back to Yukon Territories to British Columbia down to to Washington State.

From Washington to Yellowstone to Mt Rushmore to Chief Crazy Horse to Sturgis to Chief Joseph Highway via Beartooth Pass to Spam Museum to HD Museum in Milwaukee to home..

This will complete my quest to ride in all 50 states.

30 days, 11,288 miles.

Last edited by Sandcrab; 11-19-2018 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:07 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by sandcrab
i am planning a trip from maryland to ontario to manitoba to saskatchewan to alberta to british columbia to yukon territories to tok alaska.

From tok ak to anchorage to seward to denali nat'l park to fairbanks to arctic circle to valdez and back to tok ak.

From tok back to yukon territories to british columbia down to to washington state.

From washington to yellowstone to mt rushmore to chief crazy horse to sturgis to chief joseph highway via beartooth pass to spam museum to hd museum in milwaukee to home..

This will complete my quest to ride in all 50 states.

30 days, 11,288 miles.
wow!!!!!

Old 11-19-2018, 06:27 PM
Rocker NH
Grand HDF Member
Received 6,589 Likes on 2,021 Posts

Originally Posted by Tjenson123
Only been thinking about this ride for 10 years - finally retiring next month so next spring this is a go: Omaha - Key West - Madawaska, Maine - Blaine, Washington - San Ysidro, Ca and back to Omaha. The four corners tour - 12,000 miles or so. Not going to try and cram it into the 21 day window for a plaque as I want to stop and explore along the way. Civil War battlefields in the east - spectacular mountain rides in the west. Will try to avoid every interstate and chain restaurant I can.

Planning on six weeks but may take longer. Biggest worry - idiots on their cell phones and "I didn't see him officer" on the accident report.
Sounds incredible---Ive hit 3 of the 4[missing Blaine Wa] My wife retires in 2021 and that is the same thing we will do --starting from NH to Madawaska/Key West/ San Yisdro/ Blaine-------We will probably take 2 months minimum---I still have 8 years till retirement ,so will have to ask for extended leave

The following users liked this post:
Tjenson123 (11-20-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 08:36 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

Dan28, ya gotta put western VA, WV, northwestern PA, and central NY on your list. You can have eastern VA, NJ, and metro NY, IMO! I live in north central PA, and never get tired of riding up here, but I think WV may be my favorite riding.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:22 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,100 Likes on 7,331 Posts

Well we are doing a 9 day ride to Florida over Christmas to New Years this December. Into next year we hope to break out of the 16 states we always seem to be stuck in. We are talking about New England, looking at Milwaukee and also considering Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri. I hope to add at least three new states next year. Nothing in stone yet but what ever we do will be a summer ride.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:37 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
Well we are doing a 9 day ride to Florida over Christmas to New Years this December. Into next year we hope to break out of the 16 states we always seem to be stuck in. We are talking about New England, looking at Milwaukee and also considering Texas, Oklahoma and Missouri. I hope to add at least three new states next year. Nothing in stone yet but what ever we do will be a summer ride.
It's worth going to Milwaukee for the Harley Museum. Give yourself an entire day if possible. There's a lot to see and read.

The following users liked this post:
Cosmic Razorback (11-20-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 09:46 PM
CanadianRocky
Club Member
Received 21,711 Likes on 9,547 Posts

So many roads, so little time.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:51 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by CanadianRocky
So many roads, so little time.
Exactly

Old 11-19-2018, 10:38 PM
FlyingSkeet
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 61 Posts

2019 John Barleycorn tour of Alaska to Deadhorse,and points in between. 30 Days +- from NorCal.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:45 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,100 Likes on 7,331 Posts

Originally Posted by RATTLINRAM

June 9th, 2019,,,
I will leave my home in Hopewell VA and head for the West coast,,, this was a dream of my Dad's and the ninth would be his 90th birthday if he were still here with us. We lost Dad in 13 at the age of 83,,, just before his 84th birthday. He rode bikes from around 16 years old to around 81 years old.
I plan on taking 5 to 6 weeks with my 18 Anniversary Ultra Limited and ride. I will be turning 60 on February 2nd 2019, and this was why I bought the 18 as my other 13 bikes may not have been up to the challenge. Ten of those bikes are from Dad's collection and three are my older bikes.
I've got relatives in AZ, TX, CA, and WI so I hope to visit folks along the way.
Any tips/advice is always welcome.

DDT
Thanks for sharing. That is a really cool story about your dad and his years of riding. Enjoy your trip it sounds AWESOME!

Quick Reply: What dream rides do you have planned for 2019?