Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Little Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 02:09 PM
StBobBobby
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little Sturgis

Has any one ever been to the Little Sturgis Rally in Sturgis, KY? Is it worth going to, what goes on there, is it a great place to stay?

Old 06-26-2007, 10:05 PM
maxhp68
Advanced
Default RE: Little Sturgis

I have been there but not for thelast two yrs. Slept in a tent but had a good time. Like a biker party at night {a little wild at times}.They have bands in the barn. Tent shops selling leathers, shirts, glasses, and about anything a biker might need. They hadseveralused partstents too.They had a rodeo and dirt drag racing when I went. Big bike turn out but it is a small townin a dry county. If you're infor a road trip,it's something to check out butI wouldn't make a special trip for it.
Just my two cents!

Old 06-27-2007, 01:02 AM
Rick 547
Tourer

Was there last year and I'm still having night mares. Sure have some ugly naked women walking around all night long.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:28 AM
pitbulldog
Road Captain

I rode through Sturgis, KY about a month ago. I've not been to the rally but can tell you there's some good riding through that part of the country.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:32 PM
B.Fighter43
Advanced

I have went for the past four years it is a great place to just let lose and be anybody you want. Great party day and night the time of your life. But it may not be for the weak hearted
but they can even have fun anything goes.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:08 AM
NINER
4th Gear

Been to rally for last two years.

Kinda of expensive to get in, and they raise the fees each year.

It only takes about an hour to go through all the vendors;, except for the leathers, is mostly carnival stuff. I did not see any HD dealers.

Water is in short supply, unless you purchase bottled. Sodas are usually around $4 to $5.
Real hot. If it rains, things get sloppy with mud.

Usually some topless, starting around 4 or 5pm. With totally nude starting a little before sunset. Not a family oriented place.

Lots of state troopers on access highways.
Lots of deer in area.
It looked to me that 06 attendance was 2x or more of that in 05.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:08 PM
04sportsterdog
Tourer

I have been for the past 5 years and I would agree with all of the above , . . and i would recomend not going if you wanna see beautiful naked women, . . lol about 90% of the naked women you would not wanna see naked. . but then again you will see naked men as well that are down right gross . but hey thats just my 2 cents worth . . .and it didn't cost a thing , .lol if you go good luck, .. We mostly go and set around the camp and drink and laugh @ everyone else. the last year we went the bikes never got off the trailer and I didn't even take mine. too dangerous to ride with all the cops and drunks.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Instead of Sturgis, KY, go less than 10 miles across the river to Old Shawneetown, IL. The guy who runs the Hogrock Rally in June and October has a big street party there on Little Sturgis weekend. You pay $5 for a wristband that gets you into the party, then you can camp free in the city park. There's a lot more shade, air conditioned bars, vendors, etc. It's primitive camping, though. If you have to have a hot shower and padded toilet seats this ain't the place for you. Details are at www.hogrock.com/ot.htm