Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Itching to Return

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017 | 10:19 PM
mike in dallas
|
Road Master
Default Itching to Return

In June of 2016 me and the wife did a 4600 mile trip to Yellowstone. On the way up we spent a little time at Rocky mountain national park. We rode the Beartooth and Chief Joseph. Then rode back through Deadwood on the way home. We also spent one day riding from Cody,WY to Jackson. 177 miles one way. Nice ride but long day.
The problem is we really didn't get to see as much of the park as I would have Liked. So the plan is to Return in early September. Maybe 2nd week. We're thinking of going through Southern Colorado up million Dollar highway. Then west to Moab. After that head north and come in through Jackson,WY. Have a couple of backup plans if the weather is gonna suck. We're getting older and these long trips are getting harder. I have to have a day set up during the trip for rest. Didn't do that last year, but I should have. The wife took 3,400 picturesfrom the bike. And still today I can go through them and see new pics. Long time to plan but I'm hoping it works out...

Old 10-24-2017 | 08:02 AM
Grandslam
Road Warrior

It would not be that long into your trip, but a day in Durango riding the train to Silverton is a nice break. I was joking with the train conductor that I wanted my money back on the seats I purchased. We did not sit down the whole trip up. Beautiful trip. If you do this, ride the bus back.

We rode over to Moab a couple of years ago in mid-August. It was hot. Really hot.

Stay a couple of nights in the Yellowstone and just ride up to the hot springs and lay in them for the day.

For me, two to three days in the park is good for me. That is if you are not having to ride two hours to get to the loop roads. I went back to YS last year and camped in Cody. It took two hours to get to the loop road. The riding was outstanding, but. I love it there.

3,400 pics is great. She loves to take pics.

I plan to go back to YS next year.

Old 10-24-2017 | 10:57 AM
mike in dallas
|
Road Master

We rode the train back in 1985. Loved it. Not sure if it would work in to our schedule.